Research Nurse Coordinator
Location: Dar Es salaam
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation –Tanzania is a non-government organization (NGO) dedicated to supporting the provision of high-quality, comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment to HIV –exposed and infected children and adolescents in the Lake and Southern Highlands Zones of Tanzania. Baylor Tanzania is affiliated with Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) Network which is headquartered at Texas Children’s Hospital,Houston, Texas, USA. Baylor-Tanzania is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), working to support the Government of Tanzania through Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and President’s Office Regional Administration Local Government to improve provision of services for children and adolescent infected and living with HIV in Southern Highland Zones The Department of Pediatrics and Child Health of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences and Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation –Tanzania in collaboration with Texas Children’s Hospital are looking for a research nurse coordinator to work in Sickle Cell Disease related research.
Post: Research Nurse Coordinator
Location: Dar es Salaam
The Research Nurse Coordinator reports to the Local Principal Investigator and serves to ensure seamless operations of the study. She/he will coordinate regulatory needs for the clinical trial and coordinate patient care activities.She/he will serve as a liaison between the Principal Investigator and other study staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the clinical trial and patient care: educates staff, patients, and referring health care providers about the trial
- Collaborates with Investigators to evaluate patients for potential clinical trial participation and eligibility from all relevant clinical services
- Helps research participants navigate the protocol and the health care system
- Provides education to participants and caregivers, and colleagues
- Maintains familiarity with the research protocol
- Provide technical assistance to health care providers in sickle cell clinic who may engage with study participants
- Identifies strategies for accomplishing requirements of the protocol Implements and complies with the protocol as written with IRB changes
- Assists the Principal Investigator with the informed consent process, study monitoring, quality assurance, audits, and data management and analysis•Ensures ongoing participant informed consent
- Communicates regularly with the Principal Investigator and Houston team•Submits new protocols to the IRB
- Prepares required IRB and sponsor reports, including safety reports
- Maintains communication among the study staff and with the IRB
- Maintains files relating to communication with the IRB and sponsor
- Completes case report forms
- Coordinates patient follow up
- Undertake additional training as directed by the organization
- Other specific tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications / Skills
- Holder of a BSN or RN from an accredited institution
- At least 2 years of experience in clinical research
- Registered by the Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Proficiency in general pediatric and adult medical care
- Knowledge and experience in general pediatricscare and subspecialty careand treatment
- Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet computer programs
- Experience in Project management, report writing, working and coordinating activities with the government and other partners
How to apply:
If you are qualified and wish to join Baylor –Tanzania, applyin confidenceby submitting an applicationletter, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and the names and contact information for three referees.
The Executive Director, Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Tanzania
P.O. Box 5208,
Or send to email [email protected]
Application should reach HR Office Baylor –Tanzania not later than February15,2021.