Research analyst -Volunteer
Jobs at:Community’s Expertise for Development Contributions (CEDC)
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Community’s Expertise for Development Contributions is nonprofit organizations legally registered in 2018 under registration no: ooNGO/00009929. The entity is hereby inviting volunteer jobs opportunities to Tanzanians.
Volunteer Employment: Research analyst (1post)
Reports to: Program manager
Post objective: To achieve change through writing and research, data analysis and presentation for delivering quality programs accessing beneficiaries’ needs whereas marginalized children are the most target group.
• Undertake research, on conceptual and methodological areas of human development.
• Develop and maintain close research collaboration with academics, and researchers in various universities and research institutions.
• With the guidance of the program manager, she/he must develop needs assessments for sustainable programs formulations.
• Design the researched based programs in liaison with CEDC staff arising from needs assessment, case study and surveys reports scaling up projects
• Engage local government authorities’ officials in search of data and programs sharing for successful implementation.
The candidate must have a solid academic record, with at least Master’s degree in a social/allied science with a focus on health, social and economic aspects of development.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in areas of research;
• Have a good grasp of substantive and policy issues related to the study of social and economic development, and of the human development and capabilities approach;
• Evidenced documents of the ever established papers on any journals or elsewhere would add weight indicating competence.
• Very good reports writing skills and ability to produce memos and notes with very short notice.
• Advanced computer literate and analysis using SPSS, STATA ,EXCEL soft wares etc
Excellent command of English (oral and written).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please use [email protected] to send your application addressing to the Executive Director of the entity. Deadline for application is 25/August/2021. Preference is given to women bearing in mind that there will be no salaries till programs arise and ready to live in Dodoma