. AHN is building the first dialysis chain across East Africa, providing high-quality, life-saving dialysis at an affordable cost. AHN brings world-class technical expertise combined with developing world practical operating experience to a region in dire need of quality dialysis treatment. In North America, over 97% of patients requiring treatment for kidney disease receive care; in East Africa, less than 5% receive care. AHN's goal is to increase access to high quality care at a lower cost to patients, delivered through a sustainable business model.
AHN is seeking a highly-motivated individual to fill the position of Renal Nutritionist. The Nutritionist will be responsible for counselling patients on dialysis on diet and nutrition as per their needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Assessing patient dietary needs
· Educating /counselling patients on hemodialysis and their families on the renal diet, fluid restrictions and other modalities
· Provide information on healthy eating to help the patient stay as healthy as possible.
· Helping promote dietary changes as per lab values
· Develop meal plans for the patients
· Write monthly report to document patients progress
· Working closely with the Nurses and physician to ensure Patient adequate dietary intake
· Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Human Nutrition
· Exceptional written and oral communications skills
· Willingness to learn and research to keep updated on renal nutrition issues
Interested candidates should send their CV to: [email removed]
Africa Health Care Network Tanzania Limited is looking for a Nutritionist for our dialysis centers located at Arusha, Hydom ,Mwanza and Sengerema