Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Supervisory role: None
Location: APHFTA Regional officers (Morogoro, Iringa, and Tabora)
- She/he will work closely with regional and council health teams to conduct regular routine clinical assessments and supervision visits to VMMC sites and activities to strengthen clinical systems for the provision of a comprehensive HIV-prevention package including VMMC services.
- She/he will Support and mentor VMMC field staff to promote linkages to care and treatment services.
- Work in collaboration with program staff to equip the VMMC sites with materials needed to perform large-scale VMMC services with quality and safety. Support the development and sharing of best practices and lessons learned with key stakeholders (N/PDOH, technical partners, and other Jhpiego country teams), and remain up-to-date with developments in the fields of VMMC and HIV in order to disseminate information to the Project team and She/he will participate on the writing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other documents for dissemination of SAFE VMMC activities.
• A Degree medicine, public health, social sciences or any health related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention, care and treatment, especially VMMC
• Demonstrated experience in training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on health related matters
• Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery projects; training; performance and quality improvement; monitoring and evaluation
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Tanzania healthcare system, particularly the public health system
• Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering team work
• Excellent skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships
• Expertise in operational research that includes identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
• Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
• Proficiency in Microsoft word and Excel
Deadline & Mode of Submission:
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
P. O. BOX 13234, DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
E-mail [email removed]
The closing date is 5th June 2020 at 18:00 EAT.. In case of late submission, the application will not be considered for evaluation.
The Regional VMMC Technical Advisors will be responsible for quality VMMC clinical services at the VMMC service sites in the respective regions.