Regional Safety and Security Risk Advisor
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
30 October 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. .
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As a member of the Global Safety and Security Unit, the Regional Safety and Security Risk Advisor (RSA) supports the work of the Regional Directors for East Africa (EARO) and Southern Africa (SARO). Within the assigned geography, the RSA will design, support and monitor the application of agency safety and security risk management to ensure the safety and security of CRS staff, partners, activities, facilities and assets as well as the continuity of CRS programs. Working closely with the Regional Teams and country leadership, the RSA will provide management support and technical safety and security risk management solutions in strategic planning, program design, monitoring & evaluation systems, and staff training. This position is an extension of the GSSU and fully integrated into the regions.
• Master’s degree required in security management, politics, international development, non-profit management, or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 10 years work experience in security management with 5 years in an international humanitarian organization, UN, or related international development organization
• Formal technical training(s) or professional certifications in security risk management is a plus
• Knowledge and familiarity with USG rules and regulations a plus
• Demonstrated understanding of industry standards and management best practices
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Willingness to travel to and work in difficult environments including emergency response
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://crs.taleo.net/careersection/ex_crs/jobdetail.ftl?job=200000JY&lang=en#.X1n3E0H5icY.link