Regional Program Manager – Shinyanga
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Shinyanga , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Regional Program Manager – Shinyanga
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: Regional Program Manager – Shinyanga (1 Position)
Reports to: Facility Services Lead
Location: Shinyanga with field travel up to 50 %
Technical and administrative leader of the THPS Shinyanga regional team responsible to lead, coordinate and facilitate provision of high-quality, client centered comprehensive facility- based HIV prevention, treatment and support services, DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored and Safe) and VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) to meet government and donor targets. S/He will supervise District managers and serve as the link between THPS Management and regional teams, and will be the member of the THPS extended leadership. S/He will be responsible to maintain conducive working environment with Regional and Districts authorities, while ensuring that project deliverables are met and represent THPS at regional levels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the overall planning, budgeting and implementation of comprehensive client centered HIV prevention, treatment, adherence and retention to ART, TB/HIV, HTS, PMTCT, Laboratory, Pharmacy services, CECAP, GBV, DREAMS and VMMC services for both general, key and vulnerable populations (KVP) in Shinyanga Region.
• Work closely with both THPS Facility and Community Services Leads and Central Technical Team to ensure technical excellence, adaption of innovations and service delivery models towards program achievements and epidemic control.
• Collaborate with Shinyanga Regional and District health authorities and health providers to deliver quality HIV prevention, and treatment services, DREAMS and
• Work with R/CHMTs to ensure staff seconded into the Regional and District Authorities are appropriately recruited and execute their tasks as agreed in their job description and performance appraisal is regularly
• Liaise with the MOHCDGEC officials, R/CHMTs and other stakeholders in Shinyanga to ensure timely and successful implementation of targeted capacity building needs of health provides based on identified gaps.
• Participate and represent THPS in Regional and District program related
• Coordinate targeted capacity building activities in the region (training, supportive supervision, on job training and mentorship) to ensure programs is implemented in the most current
• Ensure implementation of evidence-based innovations and service delivery models including targeted/index HIV testing, same day ART initiation, TB prevention treatment, multi-month ART dispensing, and HIV viral load coverage and
• Ensure increased identification, timely enrollment, retention and viral suppression of children and adolescents living with HIV in all supported sites.
• Lead in implementation of an efficient integrated HVL and TB sputum sample transportation system with minimal results TAT as per national
• Oversee monitoring and evaluation of all facility and community program activities in Shinyanga including timely and accurate data collection, report compilation and reporting
• To ensure QI initiatives are implemented in all HFs in Shinyanga
• Technical and Administrative oversight of District managers and coordinate administrative issues in Shinyanga Regional office including ensuring cost-effective use of
• Work with THPS HQ to identify and coordinate procurement of equipment, commodities and consumables for the sites in Shinyanga including their storage and disbursement according to THPS
• Provide regular feedback on program progress to THPS leadership at the
• Participate in THPS annual planning sessions including planning with sub grantees in the region, and other planning related activities as will be deemed necessary.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
• MD or equivalent, preferably with Masters in Public Health (MPH).
• At least five years’ working experience as leader in donor funded HIV programs
• Familiarity with National, Regional and district level health care programs in
• Strong supervisory, managerial and team-oriented
• Ability to work independently and strong problem-solving
• Fluent in English and Swahili with good verbal and written communication
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.