Deadline of this Job:
12th August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Regional Manager will be responsible for coordination, implementation and oversight of all EpiC activities in the assigned region(s). S/he will be responsible for overseeing coordination, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of program activities at the regional level; as well as participating in the management of finances, procurement, sub-grantees and human resources. The Regional Manager will coordinate and support local community-based implementing partners providing services to reach KVP, AGYW and OVC with a comprehensive package of HIV prevention services, including community-based HIV testing and counseling (CBHTC), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV self-testing (HIVST), gender-based violence (GBV) prevention and treatment and linkage to care. The Regional Manager will build and maintain partnerships with the regional and district authorities and other key KVP stakeholders and implementers in the region
• Coordinate the development of regional program strategies across the program components including work plans for overall implementation and attainment of program goals and objectives
• Provide strategic leadership and set priorities for the regional program team to ensure effective field program implementation.
• Supervise regional technical, program, M&E and financial staff.
• In collaboration with regional technical and financial staff, coordinate development and subsequently monitor budgets and spending for program activities.
• Build leadership capacity of local community-based implementing partners, local governments and other community structures to be able to robustly implement effective KVP programs
• Liaise with the Regional and District health management teams in making sure that EpiC activities appropriately contribute to local priorities and strategies.
• Establish and maintain relationships with local stakeholders including KVP-focused organizations, PEPFAR implementing partners and regional and council health teams and ensure EpiC activities are harmonized within Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHPs).
• Provide capacity building and technical and program support to local community-based organizations to ensure that activities within region are technically sound, evidence-based, adhere to GoT, EpiC and USAID/PEPFAR standards, and are responsive to local needs.
• Represent EpiC at various zonal/regional/district meetings/fora.
• Develop and/or contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other materials.
• Master’s Degree in public health, social work or other related degree required, with additional post-graduate training in public health desirable with 3 to 5 years relevant experience supporting or managing donor-funded HIV/AIDS programs; OR Bachelor’s Degree and 5 to 7 years of relevant experience supporting or managing donor-funded programs in HIV/AIDS.
• Demonstrated experience implementing and managing program resources, developing and monitoring work plans, building capacity and managing teams.
• Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national HIV/AIDS standards and protocols for provision of services at community level. Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at multiple levels; experience working with GoT stakeholders.
• Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
• Experience in programs serving KVP, OVC and/or AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of these populations.
• Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs), especially those working with KVP.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
• Well-developed computer skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply