The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mbeya Medical Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mbeya within the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital Compound. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, NCDs as well as other diseases of public health importance.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of NIMR Mbeya is looking for the qualified, experienced and well- motivated personnel to fill the following vacant position whose duty station will be in Mbeya City.
Candidate shall be responsible in preparing incoming and outgoing mail for distribution. Examine, sort and route mail. Load, operate and occasionally adjust and repair mail processing, sorting and cancelling machinery.
The Records Management Officer will report and work under the Head of Human Resource and Administration Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
i. To coordinate the maintenance of file Index/Register;
ii. To coordinate the maintenance of records/documents in the registry;
iii. To follow up files, dispatch and cross check correspondences;
iv. To monitor the maintenance of diary and records for files movements;
v. To check and cross check mails, claims and returns;
vi. To maintain the computerized documents and coordinate its distribution;
vii. To assist in monitoring received and register incoming/outgoing mails; and
viii. To performs any relevant duties assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCES:
• A holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following field; Records Management, Archives or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institution;
• A minimum of three years working experience in the same field;
• Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking settings with high level of integrity;
• Strong language skills fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili;
• Good command in Microsoft Office application software;
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
• Self-motivated; able to work independently under minimal supervision to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and to collaborate with others;
• A team player with a strong organization, planning with ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines;
• The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years old.
One-year employment contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR-Mbeya, Mbeya City.
A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania Regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance (see the date above) of this advertisement to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
The Centre Director,
NIMR – Mbeya Medical Research Centre,
P.O. Box 2410, Mbeya, Tanzania.