Rants Management Officer – (1 Post)
Jobs at:Muhimbili National Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Grants Management Officer will be a critical member of the TRCU
team, reporting to the Head of Teaching, Research and Consultancy Unit.
The Grants Management Officer works across all internally or externally
funded programs, including collaborating with finance and IT to ensure
effective and efficient grant implementation processes. The overall
responsibility is to effectively manage a portfolio of grants and
provide support to grant holders in order to facilitate the delivery of
quality projects on time and on budget.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Monitor grants for legal, financial, and program compliance including but not limited to ensuring that grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant files and database.
• Review reports and monitor progress of projects to verify that grant holders are implementing grants to address agreed objectives in a timely manner and in-keeping with good practice;
• Work closely with colleagues to coach and support grant holders in the management of their activities, funding and partnership;
• Maintain regular communication with grant holders to ensure compliance to the funding organizations other Foundation professionals through Peak
• Monitor and document the grant making workflow processes, forms, templates, reports and data to assure full compliance with internal controls and legal requirements.
• Generate reports and data analysis of the activities by different programs
• Work with finance department to ensure all payments to grant holders are executed in a timely fashion
• To facilitate the finance departments to generate reports required for compliance and financial statement audits by donors.
• Assist in developing narratives and financial report templates for grant holders.
• Improve the way staff report progress on their grant activities by providing support and tools for reporting
• Participate in scheduled meetings for reporting grants progress including provision of work-related updates.
Qualifications And Experience
• Holder of bachelor degree in one of the following fields; statistics, Epidemiology or Public Health.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience as a grant management officer in NGO or Research institution
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Mode Of Application
• A signed application letter with certified copies of academic certificates and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three referees with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail, and mobile numbers should be addressed to
• Executive Director,
• Muhimbili National Hospital,
• P.O. Box 65000,
• Dar Es Salaam
• Via the following email address: Email: [email protected] mailto: [email protected]
• Application Deadline: 22th July, 2022