AAR Healthcare (Tanzania) Limited is a subsidiary of AAR Holdings which is the largest and most successful private Healthcare company in East Africa. In Tanzania its Head Office is in Dar es Salaam and branches are in Arusha and Mwanza.
In line with our corporate objective of constantly reviewing and enhancing our key performance areas we wish to engage the following person:
Position: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Position Reports to: Managing Director
Purpose of the Position
- To ensure that consistently measurable superior quality of care is delivered to the whole spectrum of AAR clients with a view to ensuring customer loyalty generally and more specifically enhancing the renewal rate of AAR members.
- To provide technical support and direction to heads of units and in the entire service delivery framework
- To represent corporate interests in the process of providing clinical services
Key Performance Areas
· Design and monitoring Health Promotional and Clinical Risk Management activities (to Clinical Operations Division) based on the data analysis of utilization trends per individual and corporate.
· To effect renewal terms and conditions which are primarily reasonable to the client and financially favorable to the company
· Setting of and training on Standard parameters for various functions within the clinical framework e.g. Codes/treatment guidelines etc
· Departmental Leadership
· Cost of health care delivery
· Corporate image and customer retention
· Quality of service and customer satisfaction
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Undertake regular medical audit e.g. Are clinical guidelines for referrals being met? Are the referrals being incurred therefore clinically necessary? Are the referrals being undertaken in the most cost effective manner
· Arrange appropriate CMEs with evaluation and ensure continuous relevant training and improvement of all medical staff
· Monitoring of performance of all clinical staff in the CME evaluations and ensuring compliance to the company policy on the compliance to and pass rate of the evaluations
· Design and continuously update treatment protocols & guidelines; drug formularies; disease management programmes
· Compliance monitoring for chronic-med programmes linked to risk management and health promotion activities
· Setup a morbidity committee
· Setup a centralized healthcare purchasing committee
· Developing and monitoring standards of customer service in the network
· Design and recommendation of systems for customer retention – e.g. visit them with utilization reports, arrange health talks, discuss with them issues etc.
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting to provide management information
· Lead and develop staff capable of delivering on the mandate of the department
· Ensure resources are effectively and efficiently utilized to deliver desired results
· Provide guidance on clinical operations, treatment protocols and drug formularies
· To ensure development and implementation of annual operating plans and budgets for the department
· Manage departmental performance and budgets
Qualifications and Experience
· The candidate to have Degree in Medicine OR Nursing .
· Relevant clinical experience in managing large units in comparable institutions and or non-government organizations
· Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
· Proven Leadership skills, good inter-personal skills, and ability to build personal relationships with other members of staff, to enhance corporate performance
· Must have proven strong inter-personal – public relations skills, and possess strong communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and administrative skills.
· Have demonstrated both knowledge and special expertise in the field of specialization and with broad knowledge of national health policies
· Have distinguished level of maturity and excellence in multi-disciplinary clinical operations and possess demonstrated capacity to articulate clinical agenda
Applicants are requested to enclose application letter, detailed CV together with copies of relevant academic certificates and professional registration and send to the:
Human Resources Manager
AAR Healthcare (Tanzania) Ltd
2nd Floor, Tropical Centre |New Bagamoyo Rd/ Uporoto St
P.O. Box 9600
Dar Es Salaam.
Or physically submit the application at our offices: AAR Healthcare (T) Ltd, 2nd Floor, Tropical Centre |New Bagamoyo Road/ Uporoto Street | Dar Es Salaam| Tanzania
Deadline for submitting applications is Friday 14th August 2020.
To ensure that consistently measurable superior quality of care is delivered to the whole spectrum of AAR clients.