Jobs at:Tanga Fresh Limited
Deadline of this Job:
05 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Tanga , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main Purpose of the position:
The QSHE Supervisor will support the development of a strategy to shape the QSHE function within the company. Working closely with the TFL management team you will deliver this QSHE strategy and drive a culture of continuous improvement. .
• Manage, maintain and improve TFL Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management System to standards & OSHA standards in line with the OSHA Act 2003 and the Fire and Safety Act 2007; Lead the drive for continual improvement of the systems throughout the company.
• Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and group operating practice. Provide guidance with regard to the implementation, improvement and upgrading of the QSHE system.
• Develop and coordinate the annual QSHE action plan and longer term QSHE roadmap, prepare weekly and monthly reports of same to TFL Management.
• Develop a monthly QSHE Communication Strategy for TFL and levels of staff, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
• Develop QSHE standards and procedures’ including Company’s training manuals and work instructions.
• Investigate Environmental Health & Safety incidences and ensuring proper documentation of the same.
• Full responsibility for TFL preparations for periodic ISO audits for the Environmental and Quality standards, monitor corrective action for deficient findings for completion & effectiveness, providing gap closure assistance.
• Provide input into all incidents, recommend corrective actions that address root causes, ensure effective close out of actions and analyse incident trends. Identify lessons from Measure and support the achievement of the behavioural safety roadmap milestones.
• Coordinate property insurance inspections and fire protection audits, track and monitor compliance with recommendations.
• Liaising with the HR department in initiating and coordinating Environmental Health, Safety and Quality trainings for staff.
• Manage generation of non-conforming Products-Ensure the reduction of generation of defective material by implementing inspection and testing programs, upgrading of SOPs and Quality plans. Guide quality team to use scientific methods to analyse defects in the product to go to root cause analyses and implement corrective and preventive action by appropriately changing the SOPS, Quality plans and process parameters.
• Management of Integrity for testing and classification of raw materials and in house products into prime products or defective products- Improve precision of test results through calibration programs, upgrading equipment by regular interaction with equipment suppliers. Guide Optimization of process control parameters by experimenting and review of the quality plans.
• Provide technical expertise in designing of quality plans and standard operating procedures
• Provide technical expertise on upgrading of process capability parameters to improve quality and yield.
• Provide technical expertise in procurement of new quality control and laboratory equipment
• Manage customer satisfaction – Manage customer complaint redressed process, benchmark TFL’S products against competitors, providing technical support in developing of new products and product warranties.
• Ensure the quality assurance and EHS expenses are within the budget by monitoring and controlling the consumption of quality tools, chemicals and EHS initiatives.
• Ensure the achievement of all KPIs for Quality department (Yield, prime volumes, no. of customer complaints e.tc.)
• Provide guidance to all QSHE Officers, provide coaching and guidance in the performance of their duties and functions.
• Identify training needs of the subordinates and organize for training in conjunction with HRD for SAP, Quality and ISO Management systems at TFL.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Key Specifications for the Position
• Degree in Engineering or Sciences, Professional registration with ERB
• 1 – 3 Years working Experience preferably in Dairy Industry, Kaizen Management Systems, Basic training in OHS.
• Experience with use of MS Office, IT Software applications Fluent in ERP(SAP) based integrated environments, Business process understanding, Excellent in management of internal and external customers (SLA partners)
• Willingness to work long hours whenever the job demands
• Excellent communication and Report writing skills with a good command of English and Kiswahili
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send CV with relevant Education Qualifications to Tanga Fresh Limited. Email [email protected]