Public Health Officer
Jobs at:World Health Organization
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The progression of chronicity and the associated pathogenesis directly correlate with active viral replication demonstrable by serological markersSTIs though closely related to HIV is also facing challenges in its management due to unavailability of medicines.
Description of Duties
• Support the Health Sector, including the Ministry of Health in strengthening national capacity and building partnerships for the control of HIV/AIDS, STI, TB and VH in URT;
• Act as focal person in the WHO Country Office to manage Hep, TB, STI and HIV related work through coordination with Health Sector (MOH) counterparts, donors and health partners in these areas;
• Provide technical support in the development of TB and HIV/Hep/STI national strategic and operational plans in addition to, coordination, supervision of interventions related to their implementation, monitoring and evaluation at both national and subnational level;
• Provide technical support to improve integrated health information system, especially increased demand, generation and use of quality data/information related to TB, STI, HIV/TB and Hep. Participate in resource mobilization and contribute to proposal development and implementation of, but not limited to, the Global Fund grants, PEPFAR;
• Assist the Health Sector in ensuring the real-time monitoring of the epidemiological trends of Hep, TB, STI and HIV, in addition to the progress of the response;
• Provide technical support to recommend programme initiatives and priorities, including operational/implementation research, based on analysis of technical and policy problems identified during the programme implementation;
• Liaise with the government counterparts to facilitate and support adaptation and implementation of the national TB, STI and HIV/Hep programmes in line with the WHO normative guidance and international best practice;
• Assist in the interpretation and translation of relevant documents Ensure a brokering role of main actors involved in the health sector and advise the WHO Representative for policy dialogue aimed at addressing bottle necks limiting progress of the response related to Hep, TB, STI and HIV and Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisors
• Essential: Medical degree or Degree in Public Health or Epidemiology or other related fields
• Desirable: Post graduate training of Masters’ Degree in public health or epidemiology. specialized training in communicable diseases.
• Essential: At least five years related experience in public health.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in HIV and TB prevention and control programming and implementation.
• Proven experience in HIV and TB technical and programme management at country level.
• Knowledge of Viral Hepatitis and STI Programming.
• Knowledge of the Tanzania health system – management and strategic planning atnational level.
• Ability to develop and facilitate the development of HIV, STI, TB and VH guidelines and effectively monitor progress in use of guidelines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to cooperate and negotiate with technical and funding agencies, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
• Experience with Global Fund proposal development, grant management and implementation processes
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills, ability to write strategically and speak clearly
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2206784&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FNairobi