Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
19 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Friday, October 08, 2021
, Base Salary:
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believesin and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. All job positions require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill vacancies below:
POSITION: Public Health Evaluation Manager (1 Post)
LOCATION: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Director of Strategic information
The Public Health Evaluation (PHE) Manager is MDH’s overall technical expert in all matters pertaining to Public Health Evaluation (PHE) of programs and services. She/ he provides technical leadership and oversight of PHE interventions and services - including capacity building of health care providers on PHE, design, integration, monitoring and evaluation of PHE initiatives on key program priorities, as well as documenting and disseminating program best practices and lessons learned- in collaboration with other program and government staff, relevant ministries and PEPFAR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of public health evaluation (PHE) initiatives, and other relevant activities in her/his respective region.
2. Lead implementation of PHE initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities, including index HIV testing, focused PITC, differentiated service delivery models (SDMs), ART retention and viral load suppression in line with national guidelines.
3. Lead program technical team in examination of project’s impact, merit and significance to the target groups.
4. Assess and determine whether the project implementation is in line with intended goals and achieving its goals with efficient use of resources.
5. Lead in determining whether progress made through implementation of the project can be related to programs goals and objectives.
6. Conduct needs assessment on PHE interventions in her/his region, and organize efforts to address these needs, including capacity building and health system strengthening
7. Ensure timely collection, accuracy, and submission of PHE data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems in collaboration with the Strategic Information team.
8. Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize program results to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination.
9. Lead efforts in documenting, analysis, reporting and wider dissemination of PHE initiatives through and writing best practices lessons learnt, abstracts, posters manuscripts, and policy briefs.
10. Implement robust capacity building programs, on PHE implementation, capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship and on-job training in line with national guidelines.
11. Actively participate in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports and other relevant documents, as required by the supervisor.
12. Support and advise the SI director on PHE issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or Monitoring and Evaluation. Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree is a necessity. PhD in related field will be an added advantage.
2. A minimum of Five (5) years’ experience leading evaluation studies for PEPFAR funded projects particularly HIV/AIDS projects.
3. Demonstrated experience with designing evaluation studies with smart objectives with respect to targeted project and data collection tools.
4. Proven experience with organizing teams for data collection, supervising field data collection, data entry, cleaning, and analysis.
5. Sound knowledge of principles of scientific methods of research and evaluation including stating hypothesis, data collection, data analysis and drawing conclusion.
6. Experience with designing framework for program evaluation including stakeholders’ engagement, program description, evaluation design, gathering credible evidence, justifying conclusions and sharing lessons learned.
7. Experience with setting program evaluation standards, both internal and external validity.
8. Experience using various data analysis tools such as SAS, STATA, and R.
9. Demonstrated knowledge with GoT HIV M&E system, data collection and reporting tools as well as PEPFAR MER and reporting systems.
10. Ability to coordinate, train, mentor and guide others to achieve a common goal.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email
19th October 2021.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has…
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Human Resources Officer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position will ensure activities in the Human resources Department are effectively planned…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 30 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 21-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Procurement and Supply Chain…
Regional Youth Specialist – Tanzania Horticulture Activity Longtime partner INGOs Lutheran World Relief (LWR) and IMA World Health (IMA) have founded Corus International to spearhead new collaborations and innovations across…
Arusha Mjini Arusha Details Description The candidate will be responsible for performing standard medical procedures as needed. Responsibilities Inpatient coverage of ALMC patients. Initial intake history and physical if intern…
Overview Job Category: Education/ Academic/ Teaching Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 07 November 2021 Duty Station: Tanzania Posted: 03-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: National Consultants for the…