Jobs at:Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2020
Within Tanzania , nduta , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Direct Reports: Mental Health Activity Manager
Location: Nduta Camp
For National Staff Only
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff .
Minimum Educational Qualification:
• Essential degree or diploma in Psychology
• Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist
• Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s
• English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required. Kirundi will be an asset.
Main purpose :
• Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
Main competencies and knowledge:
• Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, Good listener, Discreet, Organisational skill, strong motivation to be evolve within an international context, Behavioural flexibility, stress and time management.
• Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition.
• Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
• Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions.
• Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions.
• Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
• Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
• Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – Please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box
or send through [email protected]
Please make sure the subject of your email will be: Title of job you are applying for like "PSYCHOLOGIST – APPLICATION"
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 14/12/2020.
Only applications in English or French will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.