HISP Tanzania is an organisation that works to empower governments, organizations and communities to improve the quality and efficiency of services through the appropriate use of Information and Communication and Technologies (ICT) for inclusive, technological and social-economic development in Africa. HISP Tanzania is also part of the global HISP  ? network which aims at strengthening Health Information Systems (HIS) in developing countries through the use of a participatory approach. HISP Tanzania focuses on the design and implementation of sustainable and integrated information architectures and system solutions that are based on free and open-source software philosophy and open standards.
Job Title: Projects Administrator
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam -Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th November 2020
Type of Contract: Full Time
Expected Starting date: 1st January 2021
Duration of initial contract: 1 year (renewable)
1. Job Summary
Under the overall guidance of the Managing Director and direct supervision of the Project Manager(s), the Project Administrator will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
The Project Administrator officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the project activities of the organization; assisting the Program Managers in preparing Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports on projects progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Works closely with the management team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within the organization are being properly executed in accordance with regulatory-based best practices.
- Anticipates and tracks projects operational and tactical risks and provides strategic solutions.
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, removes barriers, resolves issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalates to appropriate level when required.
- Develops, compiles and writes communications and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletters, brochures or flyers; coordinates process from development through printing and distribution.
- Identifying potential problems and points of friction and working to find solutions in order to maximize efficiency and revenue.
- Assessing and analyzing programme budgets to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize savings.
- Identifying opportunities to expand or shift course in order to take advantage of changes in the market.
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with advisory groups for projects, partners, coalitions and network organization and external vendors.
- Manage stakeholder mapping and prepare communications to stakeholders and respond to stakeholder enquiries.
- Prepare and manage workshops, roundtable and forum logistics including developing agendas, project plans, minute taking and production of reports.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the programme team, managing stakeholder engagement coordination, providing guidance and directing on workload activities to ensure timescales and requirements are met.
- Coordinating different teams to foster exchange of ideas and provide cross-team learning opportunities.
- Managing the projects’ budget on behalf of the Project Manager, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
3. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Level of Education 😕
- Bachelor’s work and relate well with people from diverse backgrounds. Degree in Projects Administration/Management and other related fields such as Public Administration and Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Master in related fields is an added advantage.?
- Demonstrate Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and think independently
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Research experience is an added advantage
4. Working Conditions
The job is conducted in an office environment with regular field visits to affiliate organizations. The work presents limited exposure to job related hazards.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to: [email protected] ? with? Subject: “Projects Administrator Position” by COB ? 20 November 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
HISP Tanzania is committed to develop your leadership skills and challenge you to grow professionally.