Project Support Officer
Jobs at:The University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
Deadline of this Job:
22 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information and health information systems (HIS) technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) as well as the United States President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs).
UCSF is recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO Global Programs to serve as a Project Support Officer for our Dar es Salaam office. This is a fulltime 12-month position with the possibility of extension subject to continued funding. The position reports to the Finance and Operations Manager and is expected to start on October 18, 2021
Main duties and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative, operations, human resources, and logistical support to the organization. S/he will support office operations and procurement, provide logistical support for meetings, trainings, and field activities, and collaborate with the San Francisco-based Global Programs Operations team to support human resources needs.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Support Office and facilities management including routine maintenance of office equipment. Maintain and order office supplies.
• Coordinate procurement.
• Serve as point person for office IT support needs.
• Coordinate fit-out of new office space and move from current office to new office in November
• Disseminate any administrative policies and SOPs to staff.
• Serve as liaison with Global Operations Team in San Francisco
• Organize meetings, workshops, and conference calls. Collaborate with finance team to arrange for travel and accommodation for staff and visitors, as needed.
• Provide logistical support to field activities, as needed.
• Coordinate on-boarding of new employees.
• Ensure HR documents are filed and maintained in a confidential manner.
• Track asset inventory for program reporting and insurance purposes.
• Support UCSF-Global Programs finance team as required.
• Control access to the office for visitors and guests.
• Periodic travel (10% or less) within Tanzania may be required.
• Ensure reception area is clean and neat and overall office environment is safe, clean, and organized. Direct visitors by maintaining employee and department directories.
• Organize courier deliveries.
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications:
• Ordinary Diploma (NTA level 6 or above) in Public Administration (ODPA) or Secretarial Studies from any recognized institution.
• 3-5 years' experience in office administration, preferably in non-profit and/or PEPFAR organizations.
• Strong computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Teams, as well as Zoom . Must be able to set up and maintain moderately complex filing systems and records.
• Excellent communication, organizational interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work professionally and collaboratively in a multi-cultural, internationally based team setting.
• Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili are required.
Other desired skills/qualities:
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings as required in order to liaise with colleagues abroad).
• Ability to travel in-country to support project activities, pending the uplifting of COVID-19 related travel restrictions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
All applications must include the following:
• A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to [email protected] and must be received by September 22, 2021.