Project officer- HIV integration Dar es Salaam
Jobs at:CVPeople Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Project Officer- HIV Integration
Reporting to: Cluster Technical Manager
Locations: Dar es Salaam
Pact is a promise of a better tomorrow for all those who are poor and marginalized. Working in partnership to develop local solutions that enable people to own their own future, Pact helps people and communities build their own capacity to generate income, improve access to quality health services, and gain lasting benefit from the sustainable use of the natural resources around them. At work in more than 30 countries, Pact is building local promise with an integrated, adaptive approach that is shaping the future of international development.
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners. ACHIEVE is a consortium of leading organizations in the global HIV/AIDS response and organization capacity strengthening, led by Pact. Pact is joined by core partners Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide and WI-HER. ACHIEVE implements a four-year activity (October 2020 to April 2024) which aims: (1) to improve national- and community-level social welfare systems to sustain support for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV and (2) to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to deliver OVC services and (3) to deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14 years.
Project Officer- HIV Integration will play a pivotal role in ensuring enrolment of Children Living with HIV (CLHIV) from facilities, overseeing the HIV cascade at cluster level coupled with implementation of 95 95 95 strategies, monitor functional bi-directional referral systems between communities, clinical services, and social service providers, with a strong emphasis on linkages of households to HIV services.
The position of Project Officer- HIV Integration requires a high degree of integrity, professionalism, flexibility, and perseverance as well as the ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems in the field. Proficiency in HIV care and treatment and clinic-community referral systems is essential, as is experience with using M&E data for program decision-making.
The Project Officer- HIV Integration must develop a close working relationship with the sub grantees. The Officer will be responsible for:
• Overseeing the implementation of project-wide 95 95 95 strategies.
• Ensure functional referral system in perspective. Monitor successes and challenges of the referrals system and provide technical support and advise to trouble shoot and solve problems as needed.
• Conduct technical assistance, coaching and mentoring with partner, CSOs, community volunteers and health facilities staff on Bi-Directional directional referral and linkages.
• Collaborate with Care and Treatment partners to support optimal clinical outcomes for HIV+ children and adolescents.
• Coordinate quarterly district level quality improvement meetings with relevant staff.
• Collaborate with M&E to ensure all bidirectional referrals and linkages data are produced weekly and accurately. Use data for decision making and ensure partners are using data to conduct needed follow up for systematic follow up of cases of incomplete referrals.
• Monitor and track performance of key performance indicators.
• Build good relationship with LGAs staff especially in priority CTCs, high volume CTCs and low volume CTC.
• Ensure program information are accurate and prompt communicated from and to the field.
• Ensure a spirit of motivated teamwork and opened communication is maintained throughout the project sites.
• Collaborate with Project Officer – Case Management to support CSOs during enrolment of new beneficiaries from CTCs (CLHIV) and RCH (HEI).
• Support CSOs to monitor implementation of planned activities in line with PEPFAR priorities as stipulated in workplan.
• Identifying and documenting best practices for presentation and possible integration to existing SOPs.
• Promoting, documenting, and presenting shared learnings across technical partner and other actors.
• Submit written health and HIV updates to the cluster technical manager for inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
• Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Doctor of medicine or its equivalent, Public Health studies is an added advantage.
• Current registration with Medical Council of Tanganyika
• At least three years’ experience in a field position with an organization in at least one of the following technical areas: Care and treatment, OVC care, Health, Nutrition and Research
• Strong M&E skills and experience in strategic information
• Experienced with PEPFAR 3.0 funded project in Tanzania.
• Experience in working with donor programs that require community-level engagement
• Previous experience working with international and local partners
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English
• Excellent facilitation skills in working with adult learners, particularly at the community level.
• Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed without constantly or close supervision.
• Computer and data analysis skills
• Demonstrate leadership and team building skills.
• Experience implementing program and donor regulations, systems, and procedures.
• Diplomacy and negotiation skills that demonstrate ability to collaborate coordinate with a range of stakeholders and complex priorities.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://cvpeopletanzania.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers/594044000006013123/Project-officer--HIV-integration?source=CareerSite