Project Officer - Community Health Promotion and Gender
Jobs at:Inades Formation
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Project Officer - Community Health Promotion and Gender
Job Applicant Reports to: Chief of Pedagogical Department
Duty Station: Kondoa Office, with frequent activities in the villages
Education: Minimum Diploma in community health promotion or related fields/gender
Experience: 3 years’ work experience in mobilizing rural communities with an ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines with less supervision. Fluency in Swahili and English both verbal and written is desirable.
Contract period: 1 Year renewable upon successful performance and funds’ availability
General Description of the Job: He/She will be responsible for the interventions towards community health promotion and gender under the Bread for the World funded project ‘’Adaptation to Climate Change for Improved Livelihoods in Semi - Arid Chemba and Kondoa Districts of Dodoma Region, Tanzania’’.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Work under the general supervision of the Chief of Pedagogical Department and will require independent initiative in the preparation, and implementation of community health promotion and gender activities in the target areas.
• Undertake gender analysis as to who plays a central role on community health in relation to access to resource and assessing community understanding of spread and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
• Develop and disseminate health, nutrition, and gender promotional materials for rural communities
through use of varieties of media (banners, fliers, local radios, audios, mobile vehicles, etc.) is highly preferred.
• Undertake community awareness raising and training sessions on management of non-curative diseases including COVID-19 and HIV/AIDS.
• Conduct community dialogues on community health promotion and facilitate village health centres to undertake health afya checks for non-communicable screening.
• Conduct trainings on gender roles, household resource control and ownership.
• Conduct training on women rights (Land and other assets).
• Establish and work together with a network of LGA community development officers to raise awareness and coach community leaders on the importance adherence to health, gender and nutrition requirements.
• He/She will establish women and youth peer groups to promote community health, high-nutrition diets and gender.
• He/She will support establishment of household high nutritious traditional vegetable gardens.
• Raise community awareness and consumption of diversified, nutrient dense and nutritionally adequate diets.
• Work with the M&E officer to monitor beneficiaries’ adoption of the new nutrition targeted practices and vegetable consumption methodologies.
• Promoting food safety including appropriate methods of handling, preservation, processing, storage and utilization of foods.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications, including cover letter, resume and copies of academic certificates and testimonials should be sent to The Managing Director, Inades-Formation Tanzania, P. O. Box 203, Dodoma, Email: [email protected] not later than Tuesday, 31st August 2021, at 17:00hrs.