Jobs at:Tanzania Diabetes Association (TDA)
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Diabetes Association (TDA) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to prevent the occurrence and improve the welfare of persons living with diabetes and other non-communicable diseases (NCDs) in Tanzania. TDA was formed in 1985 as a result of the awareness that the interests of all people concerned with diabetes are best served by joining together and working as one national association to ensure the availability Of more resources for diabetes including medicines, equipment, education and mutual support.
TDA strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President's Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners, civil society, community based and faith-based organizations and others.
Among other activities, TDA is partnering with MOHCDGEC, PORALG and other stakeholders co implement a National NCD Program for prevention and control of non-communicable diseases for five years starting end of 2019. TDA seeks to recruit a qualified individual to fill Che vacancy below:
NCD Program Manager: 1 Post based in Dar es Salaam but the job position requires significant field work and travel upcountry.
Reports to the TDA Hon General Secretary
NCD Program Manager should be technical expert in all matters pertaining o program planning and its execution; s/he is expected to provide technical leadership and 0versight of program implementation. Inconveniences.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the overall administrative management of the Projects including handling communications, meetings, monitoring Almanac as well as monitoring implementation of the projects as per the action plan.
• Assist in the design and administration of the system that will track and support the reporting of financial, technical and personnel performance in the activities and deliverables of the projects
• Will be Secretary to the National NCD Program Implementation Committee meetings and be responsible for preparing, collecting and distributing agenda and documents for the Committee meetings, taking meeting minutes, noting action items and timelines, and follow up on implementation of matters arising from the meetings.
• Will be providing general administrative support during workshops and seminars
• Will be overall in charge of project records and documents including maintenance of reference materials.
• Support good leadership and governance, multi-sectoral collaboration and accountability for prevention and control of NCDs
• Lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E & reporting of NCD services under the National NCD Program, as well as other relevant activities across the organization
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of relevant NCDs data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with MOHCDGEC& PORALG
• Lead efforts in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the TDA, MOHCDGEC&PORALG
• Any other duties as assigned by Hon General Secretary
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
• Master's degree in Public Health or related field
• Medical Doctor Degree with current registration from the Medical Council of Tanzania is an added advantage.
• In-depth knowledge on NCDs and SDGs
• At least 3 years of experience in design, implementation, management of donor funded programs
• Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors, project staff & governmental employees
• Strong facilitation skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your application letter, resume, a description of how you meet each the requirements listed above, contact information and names of three referees to TDA no later than 17hrs on Friday 10th July 2020. Applications which DO NOT include ALL of these elements will not be considered The application should be addressed to Hon General Secretary, Tanzania Diabetes Association, PO BOX 65201 DAR ES SALAAM or send the application through email at: [email protected] copy to [email protected]ahoo.co.uk