Position: Project Manager
Location: Dar es salaam
World Vision Tanzania seeks highly qualified candidates for an anticipated five-year donor funded project with key objectives to increase empowerment, reduce exploitation and abuse, increase uptake of ASRHR services, including Nutrition & HIV and Increased Economic Opportunities through skills development, job creation, policy and capacity building. The project is anticipated to be implemented in Dar es Salaam and Dodoma.
The anticipated project aims:
- To Improve enabling environment to advance gender equality and rights and protection from SGBV and adverse SRH and Nutrition outcomes
- Improved capacity of youth/CBOs to meaningfully participate in and engage local decision-making structures to advance gender exploitation, adolescent girls’ and boys’ SRHR, and prevent and respond to SGBV.
- Increased access to improved ASRHR and nutrition services for adolescent boys and girls in and out of schools.
- Increased gender equitable participation of female and male youth from 16-19 years in the labour market.
- The Project Manager will have overall responsibility to provide the day to day management, coordination and efficient implementation of the project in the target regions. The incumbent staff will lead the development of detailed annual project workplan, ensure timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities within the regions while maintaining linkages with key stakeholders. S/he will actively oversee the project from quality, integrity, and smooth operations alongside all stakeholders, and soliciting solutions to any challenge that arise during implementation. S/he will provide supervision and support to the Project team to ensure high fidelity of implementation in time, target and budget and in full compliance with the donor requirements.
- S/he will supervise and direct all team members involved in the project while upholding the cultural values of World Vision.
- This position is contingent on the confirmation of funding from the donor.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in combination with a Master’s Degree in medicine, nursing, and public health
- Demonstrated experience in a Project Management role and use of project management cycle in the delivery of development projects is required.
- Demonstrated experience managing multidisciplinary teams is an advantage.
- Experience implementing international donor funded projects is an advantage;
- Experience in delivering technical assistance and/or institutional capacity building is an asset
- Familiar with current Advocacy issues around adolescent sexual reproductive health and working with adolescents & youths is a MUST
- Experience in urban programs is an advantage.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Master of Science in Public Health and/or Project Management in Health
- Medical or nursing qualification with public health training.
- Additional training on SRHR is an asset.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders,
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write complex reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Significant experience of working with government officials, multiple partners, community groups and communities.
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in working with international donor funded grants
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Good planning and Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
- Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day to day work
- High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required
- Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application Deadline: 04th January, 2022.