Project and Change Manager – Shared Operations Project
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
23 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Project and Change Manager – Shared Operations Projectat any existing Save the Children office location.
This role is responsible for the planning, preparation and deployment of Shared Operations and its associated business processes into the Save the Children Association. The Shared Operations project is investigating the viability of sharing resources across SCA. This is a key initiative for SCA and will be key to drive greater efficiencies.
Upon joining, this role will be required to assess the current and future state and required plan to deliver the project including the project approach to knowledge transfer. This role will also be responsible for managing the end-to-end change and deployment deliverables specific to the project including regular communication to stakeholders to inform, engage and motivate the impacted functions ensuring acceptance and necessary buy in as well as completion of the required preparatory steps. The role will also be required to work closely with the Business Analyst and Member Project and Change team.
The role holder will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the required project and portfolio management reporting including risk and issues logs, dependencies, status updates etc. In addition, they will manage the Project and Change Management deliverables as part of the defined Save the Children Project Lifecycle examples including the Project Plan, stakeholder matrix, Change and Comms Plan, Change Impact Assessment etc. Core to this role will be ensuring effectively alignment with wider transformation initiatives as well as effectively managing relationships with key stakeholders and driving continuous improvements.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Change Delivery (Dotted line to Project Lead)
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: The project management aspects of the role are fairly industry-standard, but should include the ability to manage projects using Waterfall and Agile, throughout the lifecycle of the project.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
Experience and Skills
• A strong track record of successfully managing medium to large complex projects and/or programmes
• Proven experience of using and leading change management activities including change impact assessment, stakeholder analysis, managing resistance, building change capacity, designing and defining roles and responsibilities
• Demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of programme and project practices and standards
• Prior experience in managing and reporting on projects within a Portfolio Office/PMO structure
• A proven ability to deliver projects on time / on budget, using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance
• Good management and influencing skills with experience of working with senior level executives
• A proven ability to resolve issues swiftly and decisively whilst safeguarding standards and procedures
• Strong team leadership abilities with the ability to motivate and mobilise individuals within or outside their reporting line
• Strong business requirements collection, and process/workflow analysis skills
• Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present to all levels of the organisation
• Able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
• Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
• Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
• Experience in working with off-site project team members
• Experience of delivering solutions internationally
• Proficiency in a second core language of Save the Children (French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic
We can offer circa £ 54,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based at any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
To apply visit: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/iam/accessmanagement/login.jsf?lang=en&redirectionURI=https%3A%2F%2Fstcuk.taleo.net%2Fcareersection%2Fapplication.jss%3Ftype%3D1%26lang%3Den%26portal%3D101430233%26reqNo%3D66255&TARGET=https%3A%2F%2Fstcuk.taleo.net%2Fcareersection%2Fapplication.jss%3Ftype%3D1%26lang%3Den%26portal%3D101430233%26reqNo%3D66255
Closing date: 23 Jul 2021 - 01:59 EAT