Deadline of this Job:
08 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Programme Manager will manage the implementation of the flagship programme under the Mastercard Foundation-BRAC International partnership for BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania. This exciting role involves overseeing all day-to-day management and administrative aspects of the programme, under the supervision of Country Director/Head of Programmes, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania and with programmatic guidance from the global technical team at BRAC International. This will be a full-time position based in BRAC’s country office in Dar es Salaam.
• Develop and contextualize integrated programming for AGYW:
• Oversee BRAC and partner staff to ensure effective coordination of integrated programming and multi-sectoral interventions.
• Manage stakeholder coordination to develop, adopt and deliver localized and comprehensive solutions for achieving holistic impact for AGYWs in targeted communities.
• Manage the implementation of integrated programming for AGYW:
• Oversee overall implementation of the integrated program and related interventions in the targeted areas.
• Contextualize and implement the operations manual, manage recruitment and training of program staff, participant selection, profiling, and training.
• Establish safe-spaces for AGYWs, oversee the intervention package and input support, selection and delivery, life skills coaching, entrepreneurship trainings, formation of savings groups, linkages to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), Gender-based Violence (GBV) and other protection support, and social integration.
• Ensure the implementation of a robust, inclusive MEL system:
• Ensure quality implementation of monitoring systems, the development and execution of Digital Data Gathering process, and support program evaluation activities.
• Support process documentation and analysis; dissemination of lessons learned and best practices among internal stakeholders and donors.
• Manage stakeholder coordination, advocacy and networking:
• Lead internal coordination, especially with Microfinance counterparts and other global technical/functional teams
• Support technical donor reviews and external engagement activities including meetings with implementation partners, government agencies, civil society and local Community Based Organizations, organizing learning and knowledge-sharing sessions.
• Grants management and reporting:
• Manage the implementation of standard award contracts, coordinate approval of agreements and sub-agreements, amendments, and extensions, as applicable
• Support budget development and reviews in alignment with technical narrative
• Support and coordinate with country-level Grants Managers, M&E, and Finance teams to ensure timely submission of quality narrative and financial reports on a quarterly basis.
• Oversee database management, including updates for pipeline reports, grant stewardship, prospect research, and contact management
• Team management and overall stewardship:
• Manage external technical consultants and partners in the country
• Support the communications team with up-to-date content to create presentations and marketing materials to showcase program and project successes
• Conduct monitoring and program design visits on an as needed basis
• Safeguarding responsibilities:
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation
• Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
• Master’s degree in Development Studies/Economics/Anthropology/Sociology/Business Administration and/or other relevant fields
• Skills and Competencies
• Proven aptitude in proposal development and writing including advanced budgeting skills
• Experience in representation and negotiation with government, donors, partners and other stakeholders
• Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budgets and financial grant reports
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
• Strong problem-solving skills, highly organized, strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail.
• Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration and demonstrated ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Diplomatic and highly effective on an interpersonal level in addition to cross-cultural sensitivity
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BRAC.
• Experience requirements
• Minimum 7 years work experience with at least 4 years of managerial/leadership experience in international development, working with ultra-poor and marginalized communities to implement integrated development programs including microfinance, graduation, livelihood, agricultural and food security, and/or girl’s and women’s empowerment programs
• Experience in project management and coordination, including supervision and monitoring, administration, finance, and logistics
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at [email protected]