Programme Director-Madrasa Zanzibar
Jobs at:Aga Khan Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
The Programme Director provides technical and strategic leadership of MECP in Zanzibar and is responsible for upholding MECP’s mission and values across all MECP programmes, staff members, and communications. The Programme Director is responsible for effective management and leadership of MECP in Zanzibar. The Programme Director will lead on and be the custodian of MECP’s technical strategy and ensure all programmes are designed and delivered in a manner that enables MECP to achieve its strategic goals. The Programme Director will be responsible for quality assurance across all areas of the organisation including programme implementation, financial management, Human Resource management, and reporting
Strategic Leadership: In collaboration with the National Board, AKF, MECP staff, and diverse MECP partners and stakeholders, ensure MECP-Z’s technical programme strategy is evidence-based, meets the need of children and communities in Zanzibar, and is aligned to the broader Regional strategic framework:
• Effectively communicate technical strategy with all MECP staff in Zanzibar to develop an agreed understanding of strategic direction
• Programme Quality: Coordinate processes and the team to ensure Programme Quality with all projects being delivered on time, on budget, and with quality. This will include, but not limited to.
• Ensure programme quality processes are in-place and conducted (including annual planning and budgeting, site visits, and regular programme reviews);
• Ensure all narrative reports submitted are technically accurate, timely and representative of programme progress;
• Facilitating programme/activity iterations based on learning and development of new, technical materials to respond to emerging needs and opportunities, and;
• Ensure all programming is aligned to community needs and MECP strategy and contributes to MECP mission and values.
• Organisational Management and Growth: Ensure internal organisational and staff capacity development and lead, in collaboration with AKF, on developing new business development opportunities:
• Human Resource management, growth, and retention and develop a conducive and inclusive working environment for all staff.
• With the support of AKF, develop and implement country resource mobilisation strategy
• Partnerships and Representation: Ensure MECP develops and maintains high-quality relationships with diverse partners (including funding, government, and technical) and community members as well as represent MECP in national and international fora:
• Build strong relationships with government, development partners, and civil society organisations
• Represent MECP at the national, regional, and international levels with respect to ECD
• Internal and External communications: Ensure MECP is effectively communicating internally (including through AKF’s newly established ICT enabled communication platforms) and externally to maintain MECP’s organisational profile, technical influence, and to grow MECP’s image
• Diversity, Inclusion, and safeguarding: Ensure MECP’s pluralistic values are demonstrated internally, externally, and all programming in respectful and inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, and disability. Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards towards all staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organisation.
• Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent in Development, Education, ECD or related field
• Minimum four years senior management experience
• Experience in management, leadership and mentoring staff with willingness to visit programmes in the field
• Experience developing relationships with government and development partners to generate income and influence policy and practice
• Excellent communication skills, able to make strong presentations and produce high quality written reports
• Experience of working across geographical, organisation boundaries, cultures & diverse stakeholders.
• Strategic Thinking and Communication
• Creativity and Innovation
• Influence and Negotiation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree