Jobs at:Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA)
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA), is quasi-independent Government body established under the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Act No. 12 of 2003 to regulate the electronic communications, and Postal services, and management of the national frequency spectrum in the United Republic of Tanzania. .
Duties / Responsibilities
• Under the supervision of the Director of the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and in close collaboration with other ITU officers in the Regional Office and Area Offices as well as thematic clusters, the incumbent performs the following duties:
• Provides assistance to programme coordinators in the expansion and administration of programmes and projects. Supports programme and project identification, planning and implementation. Proposes corrective actions. Conducts topic and situational analysis, informing supervisor(s) of findings.
• Contributes to the definition of programme and project requirements by evaluating existing cooperation programmes and project documents. Prepares programme and project proposal information and revises information as required.
• Researches developments in the area of expertise of the subject matter. Conducts research on local, national and regional issues relating to information technology. Analyses and interprets background history and documentation of programmes and projects. Prepares, compiles and exchanges information as required for presentations, speeches, documents, reports and papers, contributing background information. Conducts research to identify extra budgetary funds and programme and project sponsors.
• Attends meetings, conferences or events; prepares presentations on topics related to ITU/BDT activities in the Region and drafts speeches.
• Collaborates with the corresponding Bureau at headquarters and the corresponding Offices in the region and supports the organization’s and United Nations efforts to strengthen positions with intellectual and academic institutions. Identifies and proposes cooperation opportunities on a regular basis.
• Contributes to the preparation of the draft Operational Plan by analysing requests received and proposing actions to fulfil priorities set by the Regional Initiatives preparing the draft budget for each proposed activity, including activities of digital skills development and capacity building; assists with the coordination and monitoring of its implementation in the Region when approved.
• Participates in administrative activities related to the implementation of regional, sub-regional and national FIT projects under the responsibility of the Regional Office; analyses progress and prepares reports; guides and orients the contributions of consultants, project personnel, donors, institutions and governments towards the achievement of the projects objectives.
• Implements the decisions/recommendations of World and Regional Development Conferences; works in close cooperation with BDT clusters, those pertaining to the Region.
• Contributes to the maintenance of IT Infrastructure of the Regional Office including the ITU Regional Office webpage, servers, LANs, leased line connectivity, Wi-Fi connectivity and upkeep of IT devices for Regional Office, in close collaboration with the IT team at ITU HQ.
• Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by the Director of the Regional Office.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• University degree in engineering, information technology, business administration, economies, international relations or a related field or education from a reputed college of advanced education with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of an advanced university degree in one of the fields above.
• At least three years of progressively responsible experience in telecommunication/ICT developments related activities, including at least one at the international level. An advanced degree in a related field can be considered as a substitute for one year of working experience. A doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for two years of working experience. Experience within the telecommunication sector in the Asia and Pacific Region and good knowledge of the regulatory scenario in the Region would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. (Under the provisions of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration.)
• Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment (PA) (cost of living allowance). The PA is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN Common System for salaries and allowances.
• Annual salary from $ 47,895 + post adjustment $ 21,170
• Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
• Essential Functional Competencies: Analysis, Judgement and Decision-Making; Client and Service Orientation; Innovation and Facilitating Change; Networking and Building Partnerships, and; Planning and Organizing.
• Essential Technical Competencies: Excellent research skills and very good knowledge of global trends in the area of the work. Knowledge of information technology networks, projects, cloud, software and data analytical frameworks in the area/region. Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply online through the following ITU link: http://www.itu.int/employment/Recruitment/index.html . Applications from women are highly encouraged.