Program Officer TB/HIV
Jobs at:Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dodoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania The Ministry Of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly And Children
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) with financial support from CDC/PEPFAR is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions: .
National Aids Control Program (NACP)
Job Title: Program Officer TB/HIV (1 Position)
Reporting to: Head Care, Treatment and Support Unit – NACP.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and review TB/HIV policy and guidelines, training packages, proposal and operational plans for TB/HIV collaboration activities, monitoring of TB/HIV collaborative activities, evaluation and other administrative duties that fall under the unit.
• Collaborate with NTLP, regional, district and partners to develop and review TB/HIV policy and guidelines for the management of patients with TB/HIV co-infection, including Intensified Case Finding (ICF) and Isoniazid Prevention Therapy (IPT).
• Conduct follow-up visits to ensure adherence to the policy and guidelines.
• Ensure regional, district and partners are adhering to national training curriculum.
• Participate in the quantification/forecasting of drugs for management of TB/HIV collaborative activities.
• Develop short and long-term government and donor-funded operational plans on TB/HIV collaborative activities.
• Implement approved operational plans on the TB/HIV collaborative activities,
• Develop a feedback mechanism to ensure that approved reports of TB/HIV activities are disseminated to lower levels of the health system and partners;
• Liaise with the Epidemiology unit of the NACP to ensure that reports are produced on a timely basis, visit health facilities regularly as part of supportive supervision and mentoring to ensure that the TB/HIV activities are conducted accordingly.
• Coordinate supportive supervision and mentoring on TB/HIV collaborative activities.
• Prepare detailed progress reports on TB/HIV collaborative activities and submit them to the Head of the Care Treatment and Supporting Unit (CTSU) and the Program Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
: • Degree of Medicine or a relevant health related degree.
• Post graduate degree in Public Health or Monitoring and Evaluation of infectious diseases is an added advantage.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
• Three years working experience in TB/HIV.
• Strong communication including proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages and computer skills.
• Age limit: 50 years.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of engagement: 7 months contract - renewable (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any;
• The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for;
• Your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees;
• Every applicant MUST apply for only one position. Failure to do so the applicant will be automatically disqualified;
• All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry through Postal Office before 03:30pm on 04th February, 2021 and channelled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (Health), Government City Mtumba,
P. O. Box 743,
Note that: • Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered;
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful;
• For more information kindly visit: www.moh.go.tz