Jobs at:Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC), is a locally registered not for pro t organization that envisions to be the leader in social behaviour change communication and development in Tanzania. Our mission is to “improve the health and wellbeing of households and communities by equipping them with the skills, tools and mindset needed to live happy and healthy lives
Currently TCDC implements social behaviour change communication (SBCC) programs on comprehensive community engagement activities, HIV/AIDS, family planning and TB in Tanzania. TCDC has a large sub grant component where community based organizations receive funding to implement SBCC activities.
TCDC staff has a rich mix of experience in designing, implementing, managing and evaluating social behavior change communication, public health, social marketing and community mobilization programs in Tanzania and outside the country. .
Designation: Program Officer
Report to: Communication, Media & Event Manager Location: Dar es Salaam
The purpose of this position is to ensure that the program of cer selected provides assistance to Communication, Media and Event Manager in order to implement high quality communication programs/campaigns that will contribute to overall “Afya Kamilifu” set goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Communication Manager to develop/ update, approve, implement, and monitor “Afya kamilifu” performance against set plans.
• Assist to ensure the coordination and training of appropriate TCDC eld staff and other key stakeholders to implement (roll out) “Afya Kamilifu” campaigns/interventions.
• Coordinate activities with other TCDC program of cers to ensure cross-fertilization among health areas.
• Assist the Communication Manager to develop, implement and monitor performance against annual plan for “Afya kamilifu” Project
• Assist in project monitoring and evaluation
• Assist in the preparation of annual work plans, timelines, budgets, reports and project documentation including documentation of the “Afya kamilifu” project.
• Participate in the development of evidence-based social and behaviour change communication strategies.
• Work in collaboration with donor and partners to identify and address their SBCC needs
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mass communication, sociology public health or a related eld.
• Minimum 3 years working experience in SBCC/health communication, it is a plus
• Ability to write professional reports.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Prior experience in professional settings
• Fluent in English and Swahili, written and spoken
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Management experience desirable
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team while also using his/her own initiative
• Ability to set own deadlines and work independently
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate well with people.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you fell that you meet criteria outlined above please apply by email to; [email protected] and enclose the following documents;
• A hand written application letter
• Typed and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Copies of relevant certi cates
• Full Contact details including telephone numbers and email address
• The names and contacts details of three (3) professional references
Closing date for the application will be the 12th February 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short listed candidate will be considered for interview. All applications shall be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC)
Mikocheni B-Plot No 22, House No MKC/MCB/993 Mbuni Street P.O. Box 105170 Dar-es-Salaam,
No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, so there is no need to follow up.