Jobs at:Pathfinder International
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Program Officer coordinates the assigned program or project. Assists in implementing SRHR strategies and assists in the development of tools and materials for the program or project. Provides technical support to the regional offices and to partners. Represents the program or project in all SRHR related materials and tools development.
Roles and Duties
• Strategic Plan and Budget Implementation: Works with LGAs and health facilities to advocate for allocation of funds to support emergency transportation / emergency referral using private taxis.
• Program Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation: Work with Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to conduct research and data gathering on significant and new
• Innovation: Identifies best practices in activities, recommends improvements for program or project performance and assists in sharing innovative methods with partners.
• Technical Direction. Assists in the assessment, coordination and facilitation of provision of Basic Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care (BEmONC), Comprehensive Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care (CEmONC) and emergency transportation and referral systems in collaboration Council/Regional Health Management Teams(C/RHMTs).
• Project and Management Reporting. Participate in writing and Reviews of quarterly and annual project progress reports and gives constructive feedback on project and Implementation. Assists in the development and delivery of presentations related to the project’s Timely submits a completed consolidated report to MEL team.
• Meeting and Forum Attendance. Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration and sharing of new and improved approaches, methods and ideas. Uses these platforms and forums to advocate for allocation of resources to support Emergency transportation systems.
• Publications: Assists with coordinating publication of research findings, technical reviews and the development of manuals and guidelines for project related activities.
• Product Development. Develops collaborative linkages and participate in coordination of publication of concept papers and proposals related to the SRHR Coordinate with regions and district teams to develop field work plans to support councils on development of focused maternal health Comprehensive Councils Health Plan (CCHP) interventions and budgets.
• Project Management and Participation: Participates in cross-functional project teams and partners activities.
• Other Information:
• Travel required (50% or more)
• Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Required Education, Training and Experience:
• Advanced Diploma or Degree or higher in related field
• 4 years of related experience, including work in SRHR
• Experience of implementing advocacy activities at LGA and R/CHMT levels.
• Preferred Education, Training and Experience:
• Sound Experience in working with government
• Knowledge of LGA budgeting and CCHP planning processes
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application letter and CV, including contact details for 3 references whereby one should be the human resources manager/director of past organization you worked for. The Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject line so that we do not miss your application. Electronic Applications are encouraged.