Program Officer Intern
Jobs at:Helen Keller International (HKI)
Deadline of this Job:
03 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Scope of the Position:
Helen Keller Intl – Tanzania is an Implementing Partner in the trachoma programs supported by Sightsavers International. Through these programs we support district-level teams to conduct trachomatous trichiasis (TT) case finding and surgery in several districts in rural Tanzania. Helen
Keller Intl is seeking several Program Intern interested in conducting field outreach and in program implementation who will support the planning and implementation of TT surgical camps in several regions and districts of Tanzania.
• Implement all activities for the elimination of the TT case backlog in rural districts of Tanzania including training and management of local Case Finders, managing surgical outreach camps, follow ups, procuring equipment and consumables, and working closely with district surgical outreach teams.
• Conduct ongoing and accurate collection, entry, and analysis of patient data in order to ensure that patients receive appropriate follow-up care as well as in order to share with donors, inform future efforts, and increase quality of services provided to the community and Full Geographical Coverage (FGC) is attained and well documented.
• Serve as liaison to ensure strong planning and communication between district surgical teams, Helen Keller Intl staff, and district authorities.
• Compose field activity plans and reports, monthly and quarterly updates, meeting minutes, fund reconciliations, PowerPoint presentations, Excel statistical and narrative donor reports, and other required documentation as required by Helen Keller Intl.
• * Collaborate with regional teams to organize regional QRMs andsupportive _ supervision
• Prepare PPT and present during meetings.
• Work with Helen Keller Intl, NTDCP and other partners to identify challenges to achieving the goal of trachoma elimination by 2030 and develop and implement solutions to overcome those challenges.
• Perform any other duties as directed by a supervisor.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
• Must possess a degree in Social Science or Nursing, public health, Medicine or other related disciplines
• A minimum of 2 years of work experience in field-based health work in rural Tanzania.
• Should be willing to live and work full-time in rural districts of Tanzania, with frequent visits to remote villages. Candidates already based in Manyara region are encouraged to apply.
• Experience organizing trainings at grass root, and working with community leaders in strong cultured setting is desired
• Experience working with Community Health Workers (CHWs) and Local Government Authorities (LGAs) will be a significant added advantage.
• Technical skills in NTDs, trachoma, or TT surgery planning are strongly preferred.
• Experience in hygiene and sanitation/environmental health is an added advantage.
• Demonstration of strong program planning, organizational, and communication skills.
• A team player with experience leading heterogeneous teams to obtain desired results
• Must be competent in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, etc.) and in use of email.
• Must be a Tanzanian national, fluent in Kiswahili and a working knowledge of English.
• Should be a strategic thinker, who possesses strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrate experience to multitask and work with tight deadlines in resource limited setting is desired
• Basic knowledge on budget development and monitoring is desired
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and current CV to [email protected] mailto: [email protected] noting the specific job title_ in the subject line. Applicants should clearly
• describe their field-based health work experience in their cover letter.
• Applications will be accepted until August 3rd , 2022.