Program Officer Covid-19
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Program Officer Covid-19 (CO) (1 POST)
PROJECT: AFYA KWANZA AND AFYA JUMUISHI
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL VACCINE MANAGER
The Program Officer Covid-19 (CO) is a self-motivated individual who will coordinate all COVID19 vaccination activities at
assigned councils collaboratively with Council Health Management team
and program team to ensure objectives related to COVID19 vaccination are
He/she is responsible in harmonizing all covid19 vaccination
activities at both health facilities and community set up with quality
provision of service according to ministry of health guide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to district Covid 19 vaccination program management such as updating work plans, coordinating staff and volunteer arrangements and monitoring program activities.
2. Track performance against project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
3. Serve as district point of contact and interacting independently with
Facility field-based colleagues, using good judgment to monitor and address issues in a timely manner, and keeping senior district project
management apprised of activity progress.
4. Assist with the preparation of project administrative reports and
documenting program activities and deliverables for assigned portfolio.
5. Ensure timely implementation and achievement of project performance
objectives and deliverables.
6. Rapidly prioritize and address programmatic, financial,
administrative, and logistics needs and requirements generated from MDH
leadership, and act as primary point of contact for select district for
matters regarding Covid 19 and its vaccinations.
7. Contribute to the COVID-19 and vaccination work planning and
8. Ensure compliance with MDH procurement and financial reporting
procedures by field-based programs and serving as a resource to field
finance and administrative staff on procurement and payment procedures. `
9. Serve as support to the DPM liaising in matters for internal units,
such as Accounting, Travel, Contracts, Business Services, and others.
10. Maintain and update project tracking sheets for deliverables, as
well as maintaining relevant project files.
11. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Degree in Medicine, Nursing or related Health Sciences.
2. Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health
Administration, Health economics, Community Development or other relevant field will be an added advantage.
3. At least five years of related professional experience in managing
public health programs, health systems or health service delivery with demonstrable competencies in large scale vaccination and/or other health prevention programs and services/ campaigns.
4. Demonstrated experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, reporting, data analysis and data use.
5. Demonstrated ability to plan and implement large scale vaccine
interventions such as COVID-19, using a variety of methods.
6. Ability to build positive working relationships, characterized by
mutual respect and professional courtesy, with counterparts and program
beneficiaries across different boundaries.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in
multi-disciplinary team; manage multiple tasks concurrently; meet
deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
8. Understanding of the Global and National COVID 19 Response Priorities
and targets and program coordination with multiple stakeholders (local
Gov, collaborators, Donors, CSOs, community/religion leaders.
9. Strong leadership skill and ability to transfer this skill to others.
10. Demonstrated self-starter (i.e., motivation, dealing with pressure,
11. Computer skills such as Microsoft word, power point and excel with
data collection, processing and analysis.
12. Excellent command of both English and Kiswahili with strong writing
and presentation skills.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an
application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact
information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work
related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the
position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading
of the email.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through
email [email protected] by 10th August 2022.