Jobs at:The Flaviana Matata Foundation (FMF)
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Flaviana Matata Foundation (FMF) is a Not-For-Profit entity that works to ensure girls and young women have the resources and opportunities they need to complete their education, find employment, and/or start their own businesses—ultimately helping them to fulfil their dreams. Flaviana Matata, a renowned model, businesswoman, and philanthropist, founded FMF at the end of 2011 because of her passion and deep commitment to using education as a tool to transform the lives of girls in Tanzania.
Growing up in Shinyanga, a city in northern Tanzania, Flaviana’s family always prioritized the importance of education, especially for girls. Flaviana created FMF as her way of giving back to her community. FMF has grown from initially only providing scholarships to pay for school fees, to supporting the multiple needs of girls so that they can feel safe throughout their entire education, and have the skills and support they need to get a job or start a business.
Since 2012, FMF has reached over 5,000 students in Tanzania. This has included providing students with needed school supplies as well as renovating and refurbishing school infrastructure, (e.g. classrooms, toilets, installing clean water systems and building teachers’ housing). Other accomplishments include distributing toiletry boxes to girls to use during their menstrual cycle and purchasing desks and chairs for all students. FMF has also been able to provide 25 girls with full scholarships to stay in school and the first class of girls graduated from high-school in June, 2018. The next phase of FMF will be to ensure that these same young women have the support they need to go to university or vocational school.
FMF is searching for a full-time team member that can support its programs in Tanzania, building on experience and knowledge from FMF’s partnership with educational facilities in Tanzania. This will involve several areas of work that closely integrate with the Flaviana Matata business side and other global FMF systems:
• Communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop and Coordinate project plans and budgets.
• Provide tactical and team leadership throughout project lifecycle to ensure execution of all activities to meet the defined scope, schedule, budget, and resources.
• Identify resource requirements and engage teams as required to fulfil project deliverables.
• Liaise with families, mentors, local authorities and communities to promote inclusivity and acceptance of the Foundation’s initiatives.
• Participate in forums that seek to lobby and champion the reformation of laws and systems that keep women economically poor and perpetuate gender norms that prevent girls from fulfilling their dreams.
• Identify training opportunities that would help the girls to build careers and horn entrepreneurial skills.
• Assist to promote a results-based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts of the foundation’s projects to support girls and young women.
• Writing of proposals and keeping an eye on funding opportunities to support the foundation’s initiatives.
• Identify potential donors, and schedule meetings to present the project for donor’s support.
• Support the planning, implementation and review of the project activities.
• Provide regular progress updates to management on the projects and ensure risks and challenges are managed on time.
Qualifications and skill-set
• Experience working with the education sector, ideally managing relationships at district, regional, ministerial and country levels.
• Experience working with the corporate sector, ideally a background in consulting (leading a project with a “client” from start to finish)
• Strong project management and relationship management skills.
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
• Experience designing and assessing impact measurements and reporting
• Fluent in English – speaking and writing
• Ideally, background in education, entrepreneurship, health/wellbeing or any other related field coupled with experience.
• Ideally, proficient in MS Office packages, google suite and presentation solutions like prezi or slide share.
• Ideally, proficient in digital media and other advanced technological integration tools.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send your complete resume to [email protected] not later than September 13,2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 14 days. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all the applicants. If you do not hear from us by then, please consider your application unsuccessful this time.