Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead overall program implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all SICS activities.
• Provide oversight and guidance to partner FBOs to ensure quality implementation and output in relation to agreed objectives.
• Facilitate dialogue and collaboration with diverse set of faith leaders and faith actors in an interfaith context.
• Support advocacy initiatives, civic education programming and dialogue with decision makers and other stakeholders.
• Support partners in strengthening interfaith structures for dialogue and development outcomes.
• Plan, organize and facilitate trainings and coaching and events for and with partner staff and other stakeholders..
• Assist NCA and its partners in grant proposal writing, reporting and documentation of impacts according to NCA and donors’ requirements
• Accompanying faith leaders as deemed necessary to facilitate collaboration, advocacy and development outcomes.
• Assist in writing documents which assist in advocacy and mobilization.
• Contribute to cross-programme integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practices from other NCA activities and programmes. Support other programs of NCA as they relate to mobilizing interfaith civil society.
• As a member of the program team, contribute to the strategic direction of the Tanzania programme and advise, monitor and follow up the implementation of goals and objectives of the country programme.
• Tanzanian national with a good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Development Studies, Public Health, Education, Social Science, Theology or related, relevant topics from a recognized learning institution.
• At least 7 years of relevant experience in implementation and management of programs and working with faith-based organizations
• Proven experience in grant and project management
• Good knowledge on Tanzanian development policies and key issues affecting economic and social development and civil society in Tanzania.
• Excellent report writing, communication and facilitation skills.
• Ability to support evidence based advocacy initiatives
• Knowledge on policies and standards for quality development Interfaith programs
• Ability to facilitate learning processes.
• Experience in grant writing and related dialogue with donors.
• The ability to learn fast and adapt to change easily and work under pressure/ tight deadlines with minimum supervision. Timely deliveries and good time management are expected.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural settings and being able to interrelate with relevant stakeholders both at the national and sub-national levels. Professional inter-action with NCA Head Office in Norway and 17 country offices world-wide will apply.
• Being a positive and good team player, open to the new procedures and flexible to the changing environment.
• Confident user of MS Office (incl. Excel and Power Point).
• Systematic, analytical, dynamic, strategic an, reflective and result oriented
• Energetic and enterprising
• Team player with good collaboration skills
• Ability to train and build capacity
• Good people skills, including relationship building with partners and donors
• Ability to travel domestically and international
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate.