Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Program/Project Tools, Materials Maintenance and Updates: Provides global project management support. Functions as a key resource to the portfolio/regional team to ensure his/her portfolio of projects is managed in an effective and efficient manner. Works with project teams to prepare manuals, documents, reports, presentations and other tools, and reviews and updates the materials. Helps staff source reference materials.
2. Records Retention: Manages filing, storage and tracking of hardcopy and electronic content and support templates and ensures availability of current information on related subjects. Proactively works to improve recordkeeping in a complex portfolio of projects with a high volume of programmatic and technical information. Database Management, Collection and Analysis: Supports staff with developing and formatting project reports and presentations. Assists staff in review and analysis of data, helping to prepare internal and external project reports
3. Activities and Events Coordination and Scheduling: Coordinates all planning, bookings and logistics for activities and events, including the agenda, calendar, materials, registration with the participants and travel, both domestic and international, including lodging, transportation and meeting accommodations.
4. Communications: Manages incoming and outgoing calls and electronic communications for the program or project.
5. Processing and Filing: Sets up and maintains files and forms in compliance with legal guidelines. Processes invoices for the functional area for submission to Finance for payment. Participates in donor compliance audits to ensure internal policies and processes are followed for donor rules and regulations.
6. Subject Matter Expert. Subject matter expert in systems of administrative oversight of projects.
7. Project Management and Participation: Participates on cross-functional project
teams. Provides advice and support to meet key internal and external deadlines and support country teams in their success at the project level.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
• Recordkeeping: Foundational knowledge of organizing, filling and maintaining documents according to policy and procedures
• Database Management, Data Entry and Reporting: Foundational knowledge of data entry and creation of reports. Ability to use and maintain databases. Ability to prepare reports to support projects.
• Travel, Meetings and Events Coordination: Ability to plan and coordinate activities, events, travel and meetings.
• Data and Materials Maintenance: Ability to review, edit, update and finalize program materials.
• Data Collection: Ability to develop and format instruments for data collection for project or program according to prescribed procedures.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
• Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned project and program.
• eradication of harmful traditional practices.
• Software Applications: Foundational skills using MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Languages: Ability to speak, read and write professionally in English
• Customer Service: Highly motivated to add value in project management and administrative oversight.
• Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills. Foundational project planning and project management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization where roles may vary slightly based on needs of the project portfolio and organization. Flexible and adaptive approach to working.
• Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
• Diploma from a secondary education school.
• Prefer: Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and experience that yields the minimally required key competencies.
• Professional language skills in English
• 3 years working in health development sector assisting non-government organization (NGO) or public-sector programs.
• Prefer: Experience living and/or working in a developing or low-income development setting.
• Travel required (less than 10%)
• Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
• May process new hires for the program or project, coordinate and participate in new hire orientation, and complete payroll documentation processing for new hires.
• May serve as the program/project or functional area’s first point-of-contact for internal and external stakeholders.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree