Procurement Coordinator (Sourcing)
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Level 2: either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries). .
The Procurement Coordinator (Sourcing) acts as a crucial component in the Tanzania SCI Supply Chain team which aims to deliver quality goods and services across Save the Children beneficiaries. The Procurement Coordinator (Sourcing) is responsible for coordinating sourcing for Kibondo Field Office including;
• Develops and maintains a Sourcing Pipeline of anticipated future Procurement demand for both development and humanitarian programmes.
• Runs sourcing procedures in line with the Procurement Manual to deliver identified business supply needs.
• Ensures best value for money is achieved through competitive and transparent sourcing.
• Manages key supplier relationships to develop strong strategic partnerships with critical suppliers.
• S/he may be required to carry out inductions with new staff on aspects of their role and areas of expertise.
• S/he may be required to represent Save the Children on Procurement related seminars or workshops.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Save the Children has been operational in Tanzania since 1986 with an initial presence in Zanzibar and now extending to the Mainland with multi-sector programming. We are working with the government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve maternal, new born and child health services, support and strengthen early childhood development, primary, alternative and inclusive education and educational systems. We strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children’s participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support, and respond to emergency
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=55809