The USAID-funded Private Sector Strengthening Activity in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Procurement and Logistics Manager. This position will be located in the main office in Dar es Salaam.
Ensures smooth running of the office by coordinating operational and administrative activities between departments including ensuring that guests and vendors are supported, procurement and finance departments are kept informed of office supply, logistical, meeting events, and travel needs. Ensures compliance of Employee Manual and standard operating procedures, filing policy, company policies, and USAID regulations. Coordinates effectively and professionally with the project management and home office.
Office Management & Procurement
* Responsible for the day-to-day management of the PSSA office in Dar es Salaam, ensuring orderliness, and establish work relationships with service providers;
* Develop, maintain, and report on and manage property inventory assigned to staff;
* Serve as primary liaison with office leased landlord and control of maintenance needs;
* Support accounting department with the management of petty cash account;
* In coordination with the Director of Administration and Finance, support the collection/management of VAT tax exemption and reimbursement process;
* Writes tender documents and participate in bid analysis processes in compliance with procedures and regulations;
* Ensures that all local project procurement complies with Tetra Tech home office procedures and USAID regulations;
* Supervise the work of the Administrative Assistant and sit at the office front desk when the Administrative Assistant is otherwise engaged.
Events and Travel Roles
* He/she will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all logistical support to the operation of the Dar es Salaam office, including organizing meetings and workshops etc;
* Create and maintain a staff travel tracker; oversee the traveling schedules and verify the authorizations required for travels process as well as maintain supporting documentation in files for all trips;
* Coordinate international visits, including assistance with VISA application and documentation for staff, and ensure that the documentation adheres to USAID rules and national immigration regulations;
* Monitor and ensure compliance with Tetra Tech’s Travel Policy and Procedures.
Information Management roles
* Ensure all project equipment is in excellent working condition and coordinate with the US-based IT teams on the status of IT equipment and general computer systems;
* Provides assistance to staff to enable effective communication and provides expertise to partners and stakeholders;
* Ensure all staff are connected to networked computer systems; maintain information management and administration systems; including efficient use of Egnyte information sharing system as needed;
* In coordination with the Director of Administration and Finance, track USAID approvals for travel, hiring, and equipment procurement.
* Supervises the work of the Drivers including their schedules are maintained on a shared calendar and movements are coordinated effectively with all departments for the daily needs of the project activities;
* Ensures the Drivers travel reports and travel expense reports are properly completed and submitted for liquidation and payment;
* Other duties as assigned by the Director of Administration and Finance
* University degree in Administration or another relevant field required;
* Minimum 5 years experience in an equivalent position providing support to international donor-funded projects;
* Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc) with excellent organization skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail. Able to work in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly, and work well with a team;
* Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
* Tanzanian Nationals strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.