Principal Knowledge Management Officer
Jobs at:East African Community
Deadline of this Job:
21 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade, and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan, and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat (REF: EAC/HR/2020-21/36) .
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Principal Health Officer (Knowledge Management) will deliver the following duties and responsibilities in a manner that is consistent and cognizant of the EAHRC philosophy:
• Facilitate the creation of health research databases to strengthen health policy and practice.
• Promote the application of knowledge from research to strengthen regional health policy formulation and practice.
• Facilitate the development of regional health policies and their implementation.
• Facilitate and promote the synthesis, interpretation, and utilization of health research findings.
• Facilitate the exchange and dissemination of health research information through conferences, workshops, publications and other fora.
• Promote community outreach activities in implementation of research findings.
• Establish and maintain a harmonized network of morbidity and mortality registries for all diseases, illnesses and conditions which may occur at community, health facility, district, national, and regional levels within Partner States.
• Establish and maintain health research archives, e-library, registries, databases, etc. that will be utilised by the Community.
• Oversee the proper and effective functioning of the ICT infrastructure, the journal (EAHRJ), the East African Open Science Cloud, the EA health information Web portal, the East African Health and Scientific Conference & International Health Exhibition and Trade Fair and other conferences
• Initiate budget proposals for the KM Department;
• Prepare progress reports and follow up on the implementation of Commission, Sectoral Council on Health and Council decisions by the department;
• Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Commission.
• Perform any other relevant duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Deputy Executive Secretary (Research) from time to time
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Health Sciences (public health, health administration, epidemiology, biostatistics, public health administration systems);
• A post graduate qualification in knowledge and health information system management;
• Holding a medical degree is an added advantage
• Relevant working experience of at least ten (10) years in knowledge and health information system management or related fields with five (5) of which must at senior level;
• Must have published at least two (2) articles in international peer review journals, with at least one (1) article as the first or lead author.
? Demonstrated knowledge of and competency in knowledge and health information system management;
? Ability to develop integrated results oriented annual work plans and other organization-wide activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, developing policies and procedures, and organizing the functions necessary to accomplish the activities);
? Should have extensive and demonstrable knowledge of health research and the translation of results of health research into health policy and practice;
? Proficiency in computer office applications and automated statistical analytical tools and/or related packages;
? Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
? Should be fluent in the English language;
? Working knowledge of French and or Kiswahili will be an added advantage;
? Excellent communication and report writing skills;
? Ability to work as a team leader and to motivate others;
? Ability to work under pressure and to deliver on the set deadlines
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
• Fill in the application form attached (download from here https://www.eac.int/component/documentmananger/?task=download.document&file=bWFpbl9kb2N1bWVudHNfZG9jX2VHY2JrbGlqR0xQZnhDWGxYcHZjVkRNRUFDIEFQUExJQ0FUSU9OIEZPUk0=&counter=686 );
• attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
• Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
• For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
o have EAC application form;
o indicate nationality and age;
o have the reference number;
o or have an application letter attached;
o have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
o or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
E-mail: [email protected]