Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands Zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to [email removed]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position(s) below:
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Technician (2 Positions)
Reports to: Regional Technical Coordinator
Location: Rukwa, Songwe
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Medical Stores Department (MSD) to monitor stock of all HIV related commodities in the region.
- Provide technical assistance in implementation of pharmacy module data abase.
- Work with Regional and Council Health Management Teams (RHMT and CHMT) to ensure availability of needed commodities to all sites in the region.
- Coordinate distribution as needed for medication purchased by HJFMRI for gap filling throughout the supported region.
- Coordinate trainings within the region for RHMT, CHMT and facility staff on commodity management.
- Provide direct on-job training to facility staff in commodity management through participation in supportive supervision and mentorship activities.
- Provide technical assistance to other HJFMRI regional team members in commodity management and pharmacoviligance related issues.
- Working with HJFMRI regional team, RHMT, and MSD, to monitor adverse drug reactions throughout the region.
- Stay in close communication with HJFMRI HQ Pharmacy Advisor by updated him/her on regional commodity status and adverse drug reactions on a monthly basis.
- Continuously assess medical and community partner’s needs and advise the program on areas to build capacity.
- Collaborate with partners to develop their annual work plans and budget prior to the submission to the central HJFMRI office.
- Monitor implementation of pharmacy and commodity related activities in the partners’ approved work plans and budgets.
- Collaborate with Regional Laboratory Coordinator to ensure laboratory commodities are available all the time.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with RHMT and CHMT members and the MSD.
- Participate and provide technical assistance in various regional and district HIV related meetings.
- Work with Pharmacists at the region and district level to ensure appropriate filling and timely submissions of R&R forms to HJFMRI.
- Any other duties or assignment in the support of the program.
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- At least 2 years of working experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Program Management Experience
- Previous experience in HIV/AIDS Programming highly desired
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Track record of data driven decision making
- Experience working with USG funded programs desirable
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time within the region
- Clear understanding of Tanzanian health structure and systems
- Diplomatic and culturally sensitive with excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and flexibility in problem solving
- Fluent in oral and written English
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.
HJFMRI is looking for qualified Pharmaceutical Technicians