Jobs at:International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
13 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) and direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer (MHO) (SRMO); the successful candidate will assist the incumbent will assist in the management of drugs, vaccines, medical supplies, and equipment being used in IOM Sub Office.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Execute proper storage and distribution of Drugs, and medical supplies, and equipment in the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) Makere store as per Good Storage and Distribution Procedures and laid down SOPs.
• Ensure maintenance of cold chain storage of Vaccines in the Fridges with as per CDC storage and handling tool kit and WHO guidelines.
• Establish stock control and Inventory management systems by maintaining accurate, traceable, verifiable, and auditable records and reports.
• Facilitate in the proper maintenance of medical equipment used by Migration health physicians and nurses, and replenishing their medical supplies as needed.
• Dispense prescriptions and provide information and advice concerning side effects, dosage, and proper storage of drugs to migrants and staff. Organizing for out-of-stock prescription items to be dispensed at local Pharmacy(ies) and issued to the migrants.
• Prepare purchase orders for drugs, vaccines and medical supplies and medical equipment using the online Purchase Requisition (PR) and liaising with the MHO and coordinating with Common Services (COS) Department to ensure that items are ordered as per required specifications. Further perform technical evaluation to advise of specification quality and relevant
• aspects. Receive and inspect deliveries of drugs, medical supplies/equipment and vaccines and forwarding.
• Prepare purchase orders for drugs, vaccines and medical supplies and medical equipment using the online Purchase Requisition (PR) and liaising with the MHO and coordinating with Common Services (COS) Department to ensure that items are ordered as per required specifications. Further perform technical evaluation to advise of specification quality and relevant aspects. Receive and inspect deliveries of drugs, medical supplies/equipment and vaccines and forwarding.
• Prepare the required paperwork and documents for import into Tanzania for vaccines, drugs, and other related medical supplies.
• Ensure timely and accurate packing of medical escort bags/Kits as per medical conditions as per the guidelines ensuring proper inventory management of kit contents.
• To ensure IOM MHD pharmaceutical operations adhere to appliable Tanzania Food and Drug Authority laws, procedures, and process.
• Perform such other related duties that may be assigned from to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• High School diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized
• institution with five years of relevant experience; or,
• Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution, or related fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
• Registered to practice by Tanzania Food and Drug Authority.
• Possess a valid a Practice license with ability to import items into Tanzania.
• At least 2 years pharmaceutical experience in handling of drugs, vaccines, and medical items.
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multicultural setting is an advantage.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; is an advantage.
• Additional training or experience in purchase, import, export and distribution of drugs, vaccines, medical supplies/equipment will also be an added advantage.
• Ability and willingness to work in field areas.
• Good interpersonal relationship and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Good typing, writing, communication, and negotiation skills
• Teamwork orientated, capacity to work independently, sensitive to gender issues, personal commitment, efficient and flexible.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]