Personnel Development Manager
Direct Reports: FIN HR COORDINATOR
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Bachelor or Master degree in HR field
- Working experience of at least two years in HR.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGO in similar working context.
- English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
- Is responsible for ensuring the HR capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution and active participation in order to achieve mission goals effectively. This will be done according to MSF human resources vision and values.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, Good listener, Discreet, Organisational skill, strong motivation to be evolve within an international context, Behavioural flexibility, stress and time management.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) essential.
- Knows OC’s recruitment and development policies, procedures and tools, adapt them to the mission’s context and ensure an equitable, fair, transparent, efficient and accountable implementation throughout the mission by all relevant staff in the mission.
- Provide expertise to all staff involved in recruitment process on how to lead it properly with the aim of recruiting professional profile and staff with high potentials to be developed.
- Ensures alignment with existing policies and provides expert support to coordinators, activity managers and supervisors in recruiting and developing staff under their supervision: screening of CVs, interview methods, content, detection of potentials, best practices, PMS, alignment of development with operational objectives, etc.
- Knows MSF’s induction policies, procedures and tools, adapt them to the mission’s context and ensure its proper implementation for all newly recruited/arrived staff and for previously hired staff in the mission who had no access to them when being recruited.
- Ensures (together with the coordinator/supervisors/activity manager) that pre-established specific preparation or specific briefings for newly recruited/arrived staff on the basis of the profile sheet received or development plan are properly done in due time.
- Ensure that all newly recruited/arrived staff receives a briefing agenda upon recruitment/arrival and that they are properly briefed by her/his hierarchical and functional supervisor and receive all the due information according to the established procedures standard briefing content.
- Follow up the quality and impact of whole briefing and induction processes, collects data and suggest improvements to HRCo if advisable.
- Suggests career paths and support plans for specific staffs to HRCo and line managers, ensuring a proper liaison with the operational needs and objectives set, the results of PMS, the training possibilities (local, international, intersectional, regional, etc.) and the potentials identified.
- Together with HRCo, HROP and Training Unit in HQ, contributes to create and implement a mission training policy adapted to the mission in order to respond to the needs identified among the staff, prioritizing those needed to ensure the operational objectives set.
- Together with HRCo, HROP and Training Unit in HQ, contributes to the identification of training options at local / regional / international / intersectional level, and provide expertise upon request to line managers with regards to the assessment of training needs within the teams they supervise.
- In close collaboration with HRCo, HROP and Training Unit in HQ, ensures proper implementation of the Training Policy, procedures and tools in the mission and support and develop training for Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers (i.e. HR Management, PMS, etc.)
- Support and empower administration managers and HR/administration staff of the mission in her/his area of expertise (i.e. recruitment, development, induction, detection of talent, training, etc.)
- Provide expertise and support to all coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to implement PMS (tool , method, setting up objectives, follow up of action plan and best practices) with the aim to evaluate and develop competencies of the staff they supervise.
- Look for synergy/exchanges with other MSF sections and other NGOs in terms of trainings, coaching and other development tools
- Shares with HRCo all information/suggestions/activities which may have an impact in planning, budget or HR strategies (i.e. suggested career path, requested trainings, development events, mobility, etc.).
- Collaborate with HRCo in building/updating the annual plan and budget, with regards to her/his area of work and responsibilities.
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam
or send through [email protected]
Please make sure the subject of your email will be: PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 10/02/2020
Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.