Jobs at:GFA Consulting Group
Deadline of this Job:
06 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Tanga , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are preparing a tender for a project that is part of the Tanzanian German Programme to Support Health (TGPSH) funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The goal of this project is set to tackle major healthcare issues regarding reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health and improving quality of care. One particular project component is aimed at performance improvement of selected health facilities in neonatal care, establishing new born care units and assuring adequate care to new-borns in critical condition..
• The expert will be based full time in Tanga and will be working under the Team Leader based in Dar es Salaam, in close collaboration with the other target region (Mbeya), the regional, district and facility counterparts in Tanga, the family planning and obstetric long term experts as well as the international and national short term experts.
• He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing all project measures pertaining to staff development, training and mentoring according to national guidelines; the establishment and functioning of NCU’s at District Hospital Level and health centre level; ensuring staff competency in neonatal resuscitation and all areas of specialised neonatal care including IPC, respectful and effective patient communication and use of NCU equipment as well as joint management with maternity BEmonc/CEomc with a focus on signal functions, caesarean section and asphyxia prevention training and mentoring and MPDSR reviews.
• Furthermore, with support of the short term experts, he/she is responsible for strengthening the capacity of staff in supply, drug and stock management; in referral management for EmONC; in workflow management; budget planning; documentation and medical record keeping and data quality and use.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Applicants should bring the following qualifications:
• University qualification in medicine, licensed physician in Tanzania and completed specialization in paediatrics (board registration)
• Working knowledge in English and Kiswahili
• 7 years of professional clinical experience in paediatrics with 3 years in a neonatal care unit
• 3 years of experience in quality improvement processes and in conducting clinical training and mentoring in new-born care
• proven IT literacy (MS Office, Windows, ability to use digital health information system)
• experience in supply, drug and stock management
• experience in workflow management, referral management for EmONC and cooperation across facilities
• experience in budget planning/prioritization for supplies and drugs
• experience in data quality and use, documentation and record keeping for enhancing quality of services for new born care
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send your application or request for more information with your CV before July 5 referring to Code MED-TZA18GIZ0463/12 to [email protected] and note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.