Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Monday, October 18, 2021
, Base Salary:
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 2 - Bogger
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Underground Mining
Reporting to: Supervisor – UG Mining
Number of Positions: Five (05)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This position is responsible for loading and dumping cycles to and from development and production areas, allocated stockpiles, and haulage trucks. To carry out safely loading of Aggregate or any other materials into trucks, stockpiles or hoppers as assigned by Supervisor. To sort unwanted oversize rocks in CAF Aggregates or Sand, Towing of Cubex drill rig to and from UG working areas, perform any other duty as assigned by shift supervisor
• A Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with the following additional qualifications:
• Must possess a valid Tanzanian driving license with Underground mining driving experience
• Site Entry requirements which must include medical Health Surveillance
• At least 2 years of experience working as a Tele Remote or manual Bogger Operator in UG Mining
• Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices, Mining Load and Haul Cycle and the efficient operations of an Underground Loader
• A sound mechanical knowledge of various Caterpillar/Elphinstone loaders specifically, CAT2900 loaders.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Comply with all HS&E policies, procedures, and instructions.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
• Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
• Ensure inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use
• Work to minimise equipment downtime and maximise productivity.
• Carry out standard workplace inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging, or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures.
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
• Liaise with the underground shift supervisor to: Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner; Advise when items of equipment are out of service and when they can be returned to service.
• Keep trucks operating at full efficiency ensuring all ore, low grade, marginal and waste are kept separate.
• Keep all roads in working area tidy and free from potential hazards.
• Perform proper pre-start checks of the equipment and Take5 at the work area.
• Report all observed equipment’s defects to maintenance team for repairs.
• Tow Safely machinery to and from UG working areas. E.g Cubex Rig
• Clean up Safely CAF materials Spillage at the Tipping Points.
• Safely Loading Trucks without causing any Harm or damage.
• Safely use of Loader Bucket to sort unwanted oversize rocks in CAF Aggregates or Sand
• Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
• Must have Good written and Oral communication skills in English language
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
• Previous experience of operating Underground or Open pit equipment’s
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
• First Aid knowledge.
• Excellent hand/eye co-ordination.
• Ability to recognize potential mining hazards and risks.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 2 - Bogger”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 26th October 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Kinondoni, Mikocheni Dar Es Salaam Details Description The candidate will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines, also…
BACKGROUND: Amref Health Africa in Tanzania (Amref Tz) is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, …
Arusha Mjini Arusha Details Description The candidate will be responsible for developing interactive applications. Responsibilities To design interactive applications based on deployment platform (e.g. web, mobile, etc); To prepare functional…
Overview Job Category: Human Resources Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 18 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 04-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: HR Business Partner…