Operator 1 - Equipment (17057)
Jobs at:GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Tanzania, East Africa , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Operator 1 - Equipment (17057)
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 - Equipment
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Process Plant
R Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Milling
Number of Positions: Nineteen (19)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to operate the processing plant and associated equipment in a safe, productive, and efficient manner, to maximize plant performance without effecting the environment or health and safety of personnel. The processing operators will be involved in all aspects of mineral processing, including sampling and sample submission. Cardinal is that the incumbent will work in teams, and shift work is involved.
• At least a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
• Employees must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
• Possession of Certificate or Diploma in Minerals Processing will be an added advantage if any.
• Computer literacy will be added advantage
• Previous operating experience in a mineral processing environment, preferably gold will be added advantage.
• General background in crushing, milling and/or processing preferred.
• Exposure to gold mining industry
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that the vital behaviours are always adhered to.
• Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
• Operates, inspects, and monitors (regular sampling and measurement) all processing plant equipment relating to crushing, grinding and gravity, leach, and adsorption (CIL), elution, regeneration kiln and reagents to achieve the highest possible ore recovery.
• Identifying and diagnosing, where possible, items of the plant that require preventative maintenance or repair.
• Clear blockages in materials-handling and transporting equipment
• Clean, wash and maintain plant, equipment, and auxiliary systems
• Monitor the operation of plant and equipment and ensure the safety of other workers.
• Ensuring production activities achieve maximum effective use of the plant and equipment by continual monitoring.
• Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees were directed
• Immediately report equipment faults to prevent further deterioration.
• Safely isolate processing equipment for planned or unplanned shutdowns
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
• Proficiency English speaking, writing and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking this APPLY link button.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1 - Equipment”
• Candidates may also apply through our jobs email at [email protected] . Email subject should also be “Operator 1 - Equipment”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
• Applications should reach the above on or before 21st September 2021 at 5:30 Pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com .