Jobs at:Good Neighbors
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Operation Manager
Reports to: General Manager, Country Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1-year contract
As the in charge of Operation Department of GNTZ OM will support the GNTZ country program implementation through provision of authoritative and enabling advisory services on procurement, finance, human resources for project implementation and enabling optimization of program delivery in HO and other area offices as required. Under the overall authority and guidance of the Country Director, and supervision of the General Manager, OM will be responsible to manage, plan and execute organization projects through designed programs and monitoring the project progress. The position is also responsible for monitoring, organizing, and directing the completion of all project under Operation while ensuring these projects are on time, on budget, and within scope.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that all Operations Team acts as an efficient and client-oriented for program and project implementation activities.
• Supervise all ongoing projects carried out by the organization including Sponsorship, Education, Advocacy, Health, WASH, livelihood and Income Generation.
• Oversee research for establishment of new Community Development Projects.
• Coordinate and establish partnership with government and non-government organizations in the community.
• Reviewing and approving reports and activity plans in all assigned Community Development Projects.
• Organizing meeting with community in all assigned Community Development Projects.
• Overseeing and organizing monitoring and evaluation of all assigned projects.
• Plan, execute and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Liaison with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent changes where necessary.
• To oversee and review final reports of all projects conducted.
• Oversees efficient provision of client-oriented transactional services for human resources, procurement, finance and administration to the organization.
• Oversees CDPs, ensuring efficient operations for GNTZ Head Office ensuring cost recovery.
• Any other related duty as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
• Bachelor Degree in Community Development, Project Management or related field.
• Ten (10) years’ work experience in community project management and related fields.
• Five (5) years’ work experience in managerial level
• Project proposal and report writing skills
• Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal/written communication (English and Swahili)
• Exceptional time, task, and resource management skills
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking
• Proper computers skills especially MS Office
• Ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
• Knowledge on Logical framework, Research, Project Management, Humanitarian Principles.
• Ability to deal with government authorities, professionals, diverse groups of people etc.
• Sincerity, patience, tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
• Good motivational organizational skills
• Leadership skills and initiative.
• Perform other duties as required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click the following the link to apply https://18.104.22.168/career/login.aspx