Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Operation Manager
Reports to : General Manager, Country Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1-year contract
As the in charge of Operation Department of GNTZ OM will support the GNTZ country program implementation through provision of authoritative and enabling advisory services on procurement, finance, human resources for project implementation and enabling optimization of program delivery in HO and other area offices as required. Under the overall authority and guidance of the Country Director, and supervision of the General Manager, OM will be responsible to manage, plan and execute organization projects through designed programs and monitoring the project progress. The position is also responsible for monitoring, organizing, and directing the completion of all project under Operation while ensuring these projects are on time, on budget, and within scope.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all Operations Team acts as an efficient and client-oriented for program and project implementation activities.
- Supervise all ongoing projects carried out by the organization including Sponsorship, Education, Advocacy, Health, WASH, livelihood and Income Generation.
- Oversee research for establishment of new Community Development Projects.
- Coordinate and establish partnership with government and non-government organizations in the community.
- Reviewing and approving reports and activity plans in all assigned Community Development Projects.
- Organizing meeting with community in all assigned Community Development Projects.
- Overseeing and organizing monitoring and evaluation of all assigned projects.
- Plan, execute and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Liaison with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent changes where necessary.
- To oversee and review final reports of all projects conducted.
- Oversees efficient provision of client-oriented transactional services for human resources, procurement, finance and administration to the organization.
- Oversees CDPs, ensuring efficient operations for GNTZ Head Office ensuring cost recovery.
- Any other related duty as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor Degree in Community Development, Project Management or related field.
- Ten (10) years’ work experience in community project management and related fields.
- Five (5) years’ work experience in managerial level
- Project proposal and report writing skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal/written communication (English and Swahili)
- Exceptional time, task, and resource management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking
- Proper computers skills especially MS Office
- Ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
- Knowledge on Logical framework, Research, Project Management, Humanitarian Principles.
- Ability to deal with government authorities, professionals, diverse groups of people etc.
- Sincerity, patience, tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
- Good motivational organizational skills
- Leadership skills and initiative.
- Perform other duties as required
Please click the following the link to apply https://22.214.171.124/career/login.aspx
Please complete ALL of the required fields of the forms found in the left-hand menu of the portal page after clicking the link.
Apply job by Click on the search job at the top of the page or on left side menu.
Select a vacancy of interest.
Read the job requirements thoroughly.
Click on the Preview option on top of the page or Preview Resume on left hand side menu bar to review your CV before submission and verify that your email address is correct.
All applicants should provide current contact information of their referees.
Deadline for application is not later than 30th August, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 August 2021.