Open Pit Mining Engineer
Jobs at:Shanta Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
06 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to assist Senior Mining Engineer on the provision of the technical services assistance to the team and in particular the mine operations including contractors in order to allow accurate and timely mining operations and all other related works.
Mining Engineer is accountable to provide support to Senior Open Pit Mining Engineer on short term to medium term mine planning, mine production and development planning, mine engineering design, mine project development studies; drill and blast planning, mine scheduling, tracking mine operations advancement or performance and advising the Senior Mining Engineer of any important changes or follow up required in order to achieve desired long term organizational goals while maintaining high standards of occupational health, safety and environmental practices. .
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
Open Pit Mining Engineer has the follow¬ing accountabilities and authorities; • Provide input support in the preparation of Operational and Capital Budgeting.
• Management of periodic mine planning activities taking into account of the monthly, quarterly, yearly and long-term production plans.
• Overseeing at areas of their responsi¬bility the health and safety of the worksite and employees, design mine infrastruc¬tures, ventilation & extraction systems and mining services ensuring the safety of mining equipment and assessing mine equipment supplies.
• Administer mining production process¬es, overseeing employees’ activities on worksites. Make sure that targets are met; discuss and solve any operational obstructions. In collaboration with desig¬nated position or roles, review schedules and implement necessary contingencies to meet production goals.
• Overseeing major construction projects and ensuring that operations run smooth¬ly and within the budget. Ensure existing projects are tracked by individual plan¬ners; schedules adjusted accordingly.
• Work in collaboration with mining shift supervisors or foremen on a regular basis to discuss plans and involve crews; review schedules and communicate concerns and targets at meetings.
• A sound knowledge on understating and ensuring mine design and or plans compliance based on the existing SOP for both drill & blast designs QAQC, toe check, ramp gradient/width compliance, bench/floor level etc.
• Capable of preparing a minimum of 5 years detailed mine plan and scheduling that includes mining physicals consol¬idation and metal plan profile; ensure monthly or quarterly production forecasts are compiled and issued in a timely manner.
• Must be capable of demonstrating work behaviours consistent with the com¬pany Values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required be¬haviours, company policies, standards, procedures and legislation requirements;
• Must be able to demonstrate a high level skills on management/supervision, construction and monitoring of other infrastructure construction that support
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mining Engineering from a recognized University.
• Must be a holder of the valid blasting certificate according to the Mining Act and Regulation.
• Must be a registered professional by a local regulatory body e.g., ERB.
• A valid Tanzanian driving licence
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Overall minimum of 5 years’ experience in the surface mining method, practicing both mine planning, mine design, opera- tion/production and or project supervision in general.
• Proof of proficiency in conducting drill and blast activities safely.
• Experience in mine planning and an operation in underground mining environment
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) to:
HR Director, Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408,
Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 06th February, 2021.