Jobs at:North Mara Gold Mine / Barrick
Deadline of this Job:
19 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one (01) Occupational Hygienist to join OHS Team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned industrial hygiene tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and tradesman Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The Occupational Hygienist will report to the OHS Superintendent. This is a permanent contract role.
• Ensure total compliance/adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Assisting to ensure all North Mara Mine activities comply with the requirements of the Barrick Safety and Health Management System and any applicable legislative requirements.
• Providing visible and high level Safety support to all North Mara Gold Mine departments and Contractor personnel to ensure the safe and efficient operation of North Mara Mine operations and associated infrastructure.
• Develop and manage safety and Industrial hygiene Programs (Policy, Standard & Guidelines)
• Develop, oversight and set strategies for IH sampling plan
• Participates in special studies and monitoring programs to determine environmental conditions. Takes samples of work materials
• Provide technical oversight for Industrial Hygiene record storage and retention
• Maintain, calibrate and operate field and laboratory instruments designed to measure noise, heat, and illumination, ventilation, humidity and air contaminants in the general working environment.
• Observe employees and take notes to identify potential industrial hygiene issues.
• Properly prepares and ships samples to the laboratory for analysis.
• Review reports, historical data, sampling data and analytical results and prepares written reports of exposure.
• Degree or Its Equivalent in Environmental Health Science/Environmental science.
• Holder of National Occupational Safety & Health Certificate (NOSHC II & I).
• Environmental and OHS Policy Awareness.
• Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
• Previous experience in Health & Safety practitioner capacity.
• 1 to 3 years’ experience in Industrial Hygiene.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Able to show initiative and take responsibility for safety programs.
• Willingness and commitment to improve overall Health and Safety in the workplace.
• Experience in accident /incident investigation and reporting
• Good verbal and written communication skills (English and Kiswahili) are essential to interact and build relationships.
• Ability to interact with other departments, contractors and other employees.
• Ability of good written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili languages.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to prepare clear, concise, and accurate investigative and narrative reports
• Resilience and resourcefulness.
• Must have a valid Tanzanian driving license.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENIST” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 19th September 2021.