Reports to (position): Program Manager
Location(s): Nduta Refugee Camp
Workdays & Number of scheduled hours per week: Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Responsible for coordinating and leading nutrition activities for the health facilities and communities under their supervision. Ensures proper case management and improved nutrition awareness. Directly manages Nutritionist and Food Distributor and provides technical supervision to community health teams related to nutrition.
- Ensure nutrition clinics and community outreach activities are carried out as per facility work plans with emphasis on integration with medical services; Ensure duty rosters are appropriately developed and approved by respective In-Charge
- Ensure malnutrition case screening and growth monitoring is carried out and appropriate corrective actions implemented
- Documents management records on activities under nutrition services; Consolidate data from Nutritionists to prepare reports as per schedule and make data-driven program decisions
- Participate in research activities that contribute to improving community health
- Build capacity of inpatients and caregivers by advising on proper care and nutrition at home
- Carry out home visits to follow up on discharged patients to ensure adherence to advice
- Ensure the security of food and related nutrition supplies, including taking precautions to avoid contamination
- Ensure the kitchen and surrounding environment is hygienic and well maintained
- Ensure that nutrition practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per MTI policy
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Nutrition, Dietetics or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years of nutrition field experience with a busy project implementing IMAM is required
- Experience in clinical medicine or community health is an added advantage
- Experience working in emergency operations is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of nutrition principles and management of acute malnutrition
- nutritional screening activities
- Skilled in conducting nutritional assessments and managing cases
- Skilled in presenting complex information at an appropriate level to an individual or group
- Skilled in using behaviour change strategies to mobilize community members to take ownership of healthcare needs
- Skilled in data analysis and report writing
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Keen desire to build the capacity of staff
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress, especially in situations that require a high degree of diplomacy
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities and in communities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
- All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
- Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
- Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Nutrition Officer ”.
- Application Deadline: 7 th of January 2022 at 1700HRS.