Position: Nurse (1 post)
Reports To: Study Coordinator
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: September 23 rd 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced Nurse to fill a vacant position in the Digital Cough Monitoring Study (DCMS). The ideal candidate is expected to support the project in the screening and diagnosis of Pulmonary TB as well as the clinical follow-up and prediction of treatment outcomes among confirmed Pulmonary TB cases in resource-limited settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct study participants on how the collection of cough sounds is performed using the Hyfe research application on a smartphone.
- Assist in instructing participants procedures for baseline and longitudinal recording of cough sounds using mobile application.
- Assist in keeping proper records and source documents at the research site.
- Educate volunteers on the study by using approved study information tools.
Obtain informed consent from potential study volunteers.
- Collect, label, and arrange sample transfer (sputum, blood) to the diagnostic laboratory for confirmation.
- Keep tracking procedures and schedule of appointments for participants using mobile call and SMS reminders and adherence to routine TB services at a regional referral hospital.
- Maintain the log for study-issued phones, chargers and armbands or necklace bags for carrying mobile phones.
- Assist with data entry (case report forms) using Tablet with REDCap mobile application.
- Ensure workplace preventive measures for COVID-19 are strictly adhered to by all members of the research team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
- Must be Tanzanian with a Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery.
- Experience of conducting clinical trials and working in hospitals.
- Knowledge of GCP will be added advantage.
- Previous experience of using electronic devices for data capture is an advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Good customer care and patient management skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and multitasking.
- Ability to use simple computer applications.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers, and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday, September 23 rd, 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include NURSE – DCMS. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]