Novel Oral Polio Vaccine (nOPV) Vaccine Management National Individual Consultant , (NOC)
Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job no: 541986
Contract type: Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, Health.
The Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) in Tanzania started in 1975 with the overall goal of providing immunization services to all eligible children, women of childbearing age, and vulnerable groups regardless of their economic status, geographical allocation and cultural barriers and reduce child morbidity and mortality. In order to align with Global and Regional priorities, address challenges including the introduction of new vaccines and reaching unreached children, and enhance the scope and effectiveness of immunization services, the EPI programme has been renamed as Immunization and Vaccine Development (IVD) programme.
How can you make a difference?
There have been reports of cases of cVDPV2 outbreak in Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo and Kenya from 2017 – 2021, with the latter two having reported cases in last few months. Due to frequent cross-border movements and refugee camping, it puts Tanzania at high risk of importation of cVDPV2 given its proximity to DRC and Kenya that are experiencing outbreaks of cVDPV2. As such, it is imperative for the country to prepare for this should it experience an outbreak.
Given the above background, UNICEF Health section, with funding from Polio surge, would like to recruit a consultant to provide technical support to ensure effective and efficient management of nOPV vaccines as a preparatory for the country should the outbreak occur.
The consultant will support the Immunization programme in providing technical expertise with the following specific tasks:
• Support in the development of vaccine management manual and SOP for nOPV.
• Facilitate Training of Trainers (ToT) on vaccine management for nOPV.
• Provide technical support in ascertain passive dry container inventory.
• regularly participate in workshops/meeting and provide update on readiness for nOPV.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will need to have the following
• University degree with health background (MD, Nursing, or other relevant health disciplines) plus a master, or higher degree in public health or related field
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility in Immunization program
• Proven expertise in vaccine management, cold chain, and logistics
• Proven working relation with national, regional, district and sub-district structures
• Fluency in written and spoken English essential.
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of the Tanzanian mainland and Zanzibar context and EPI programme
• Excellent facilitation skills, negotiation skills, and oral and written communication
• N.B: This position is for Tanzania Nationals only.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/job/541986/novel-oral-polio-vaccine-nopv-vaccine-management-national-individual-consultant-noc
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 July 2021.