National Consultant – Disaster Risk Reduction
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The overall objective of this assignment is to develop a generic integrated disaster training manual to be used by all disaster management stakeholders in the country through a participatory process
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Specifically, the Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
• Prepare and submit an inception report with clear methodological approach that will be used in carrying-out the assignment.
• Undertake a desk review on different disaster management reports and documents from inside and outside Tanzania, which will be deemed useful for accomplishing the assignment.
• Prepare and facilitate the Multisectoral stakeholders’ consultative meetings to review the existing disaster management training manual of the United Republic of Tanzania. (Working document to be used during the Multisectoral consultative meeting with stakeholders.)
• Facilitate the incorporation and integration of the stakeholder’s input into the integrated disaster management training manual document.
• Preparation of draft integrated disaster management training manual document and presentation of the same to stakeholders for review.
• Finalization of the integrated disaster management training manual documents by incorporating stakeholders’ comments before validation of the manual.
• Facilitate the validation meeting of the DRR training manual.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education
• University degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Law, Disasters Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, International Relations, Management, or other related fields.
• Post graduate degree in the area of Training/Education or related field, knowledge on Disaster Management will be added advantage.
• Extensive experience in Disaster Management, specifically development of polices, guidelines, strategies, and SOP’s.
• Understanding of the Disaster Management context in the United Republic of Tanzania.
• Strong technical skills and at least five years’ experience in the field of Education and Training manual development.
• Knowledge and experience in carrying out the assignment of similar nature.
• Sound and proven understanding of migration issues in United Republic of Tanzania and in East Africa.
• Experience working with United Nations Agency, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Government agencies or in the private sector.
• Proficient in computer software: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Words, Excel, power point and Internet Explorer).
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Self-starter who can work independently under pressure.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and eye for detail.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Assessment and secondary data research analysis skills.
• Analytical, creative, and critical thinking.
• Ability to work under timeframes given.
• Data protection principles
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link [email protected]