Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Jobs at:Marie Stopes
Deadline of this Job:
28 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”. We are looking for an active & qualified individual for the following role: MONITORING & EVALUATION MANAGER- Dar es Salaam .
Reporting to Monitoring, Evaluation & Health Management Information Systems Lead, the Monitoring and Evaluation (ME) Manager has the responsibility to ensure that data is leveraged for informing, adapting, and strengthening programme delivery. The role will span a wide spectrum of research, monitoring and evaluation responsibilities including ensuring that adequate systems and processes are in place for robust and high quality data collection; evaluation and learning opportunities are embedded across all operational channels; and that all research, monitoring and evaluation activities (including ethics and accuracy) are of high quality and meet Marie Stopes International standards. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will also ensure that that Research, Monitoring & Evaluation unit generates accurate evidence that is relevant and timely, and feeds into and supports the organizations strategic roadmap.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
• Strategic research: develop and deliver on strategic research priorities family planning, work with operations and marketing departments and position MST as a leader in SRH programming;
• Programme learning: ensuring evidence and insights lead to programme learning and adaptation relevant for strategy;
• Insight gathering oversight of all data collection, compilation, and analysis for use by operations and marketing, and other departments;
• Overall team management: oversee Research, Monitoring & Evaluation core functions.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• At least 5 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation (essential);
• Proven experience in designing and leading monitoring and evaluation systems for health programs with reputable organisation(s);
• Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative research;
• Evidence of managing large studies in health or economics is desirable; • Adequate knowledge of Statistical software (SPSS/SAS/STATA) and qualitative software;
• Knowledgeable about DHIS2 use and management;
• Experience managing a team and/or portfolio of projects, including large studies in health or economics;
• Strong or advanced Excel user (including development of dashboards, pivot tables, and VBA programming) desirable;
• Strong team management & leadership skills;
• Strong communication skills (both oral and verbal);
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and in a highly dynamic environment;
• Highly adoptive and able to work with partners and lead Research, Monitoring & Evaluation activities for programs implemented in consortia; • Successfully published research work as a principal or co-investigator is desirable;
• Degree in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Epidemiology/ Project Management, or equivalent qualification from a reputable institution;
• Post graduate qualification in Social Sciences/ Health Systems Management/ Monitoring & Evaluation, or other relevant qualification is highly desirable.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you are able to meet the requirements and motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and Cover letter by email, by post or by hand whatever is suitable to you, detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street – Mwenge
P. O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991 / 4
VOIP +255 768 987 780
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Friday August 28, 2020.
Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.